13

Outskirts of the Palace

Ahhhhhh!

Ahhhhhh!

Ahhhhhh!

Booogsh!

Booogsh!

Booogsh!

~spurts blood

~spurts blood

"I won't let you get taken away.... You are mine! Mine!" a sinister laugh was then heard.

Punch!

Craaaack~

The man is panting vigorously after doing "exercise". He stopped for a while and took a sip of red wine in his glass on the table and wiped off his sweat. He glared when someone knock at the door. He coldly replied a "come in" and an assassin came inside to report. He just look at him mockingly afterwards he sat down and place his attention on the glass of red wine he was tightly holding.

"Master, the plan is almost set up. Do you have any orders for me?"

"Yes, do the next step." he evily smiled then sip some wine on his glass. His cold aura is spreading in the entire room and the assassin is getting anxious..... no he feared the man right before him.

"Understood, Master" he quickly nodded then dissappeared.

"Soon~ Soon we will meet again, my dear" he laughed like a maniac then slick his tongue after sipping another wine of the glass.

- - - - -

Meantime

"Avery, something wrong?" William ask the lady beside him who is busy on her own world. He stared at her seriously then knitted his brows.

*Sighs

"I am fine. Just thinking about something. Why? Concerned?" Avery tries to tease the guy but he just didn't react at all. She snort. 'Why is it this guy so troublesome to be with?' she question inside her heart.

'I don't care what the destiny up to but it better not affect you all....' Avery said in her mind while gazing at the clear sunny sky.

As she pondered about what to do next a shriek was heard. Since both Avery and William where near at the place when they hear a shriek they immediately run over and look at the scene.

"What's happening here?" Avery immediately ask the maid when she get inside the west wing kitchen in there campsite. The maid was so frightened that it won't stop crying and answer her. There she saw.... someone's body soaked in blood  and is brutally murdered. She examine her surroundings to see if the murderer is still in the crowd but failed to capture any suspicious person.

"Tsk! A trouble case we really need right now" William was frustrated.

Avery look closely at the dead body and saw something......  she picked up a strange flower petal that is stain with blood. When William noticed what Avery is holding something he was shocked but instantly regain his composure. He already realized what it is that the girl pick up but he couldn't think of why is it here in this place? He know what kind of flower the petal Avery picked up it's name is a Coral Honeysuckle. He also knew what this flower meant with its meaning but he was utterly confuse. Is this from the murderer for Avery or for this dead person? He pick the latter and called the others.

Avery also don't know about flower as much as William does but if she know this flower's name is a coral honeysuckle she will definitely shivered in disgusts because she always received flowers from her stalker on her past live and whenever she sees a flower as a gift for her she will immediately throw it away or burn it without a second thought. That was one of the reasons why no one loved and care for her because they think she is crazy and inhumane.

After 3 days in staying on the camp, Calynn and Henry's relationship was a big talk on the kingdom. After Henry shamelessly proposed on that day they finally settled a day for a gathering between both families- the Magnus and Owen. Avery was happy when she receive the news that Calynn and Henry are officially engaged and soon will be getting married. But Avery still hopes for her cousin to stop being childish. She is also getting anxious recently, about not seeing William when they departed on the campsite 3 days ago.

Avery doesn't know that what she is 'feeling' for the guy is not merely anxiety but she gradually misses his presence. William is also the same. He prefers to be cold and strict towards Avery even though he want to be near the girl. The both of them just cast aside about thinking one another and go to sleep early for they will go back to class tomorrow.

Knock~

Knock~

Knock~

"Come in."

"Sorry Avery-dear did I disturb your rest?" uncle Zane ask after entering my room. I put down the book I was reading and smiled at him.

"Not at all. I was not sleepy yet so I just plan to read" I told him. Well it is half the truth thou.

"Oh, I see dear you are quite a bookworm like your father."

"Really? You never said that before." Yes I never hear about my father from uncle Zane.

"Hmm... Your father is a weird guy actually he prefers books every time until my sister came into his gloomy life of course and he gradually became very active."

"I see. Mom is really amazing" Now I know. My dad or most likely my second dad was not an active person like myself. While my second mom is like a sunshine. I've hear about her story from my aunt Callie and uncle Zane so of course I know now what she is like.

"Of course she is. Whenever someone is down or alone she will be there in an instant to cheer that person and always smiled at everyone she meet. Your mother is such a goddess full of warmth and smiles." He said and I noticed the sadness behind his eyes. He clearly misses my mom, his lovely sister so dearly. I feel sorry for my uncle.

"Thanks for telling me about mom, uncle Zane. By the way what brought you here? Are you in need for an assistant?" I tried to change the topic to lift the weird mood.

"Hahaha! I was but no thanks, I came here for another reason."

"What reason is it uncle?"

"About your parents......... death" He said. And I froze for a moment. What is he going to tell me? Is it about the assassination of my parents and the whole Reagan clan? Or is there another thing about the assassination and why it only occurred on my family.