magic

[WARNING: CONTAINS SOME TOPICS THAT MAY BE TRIGGERING FOR OTHERS SUCH AS :suggested v0re,]

Lol writing spooky stuff is hard

The day after the wedding, they immediately ran away. The young couple hated the idea of being confined in the city by their overbearing family so they decided to build a life in the forest. They built a small, quaint cabin in the woods where nobody could find them. And that's when the husband had opened up his secret life. He had turned out to be a sorcerer. Capable of doing great magic, such as manipulating the weather and crops, and changing size. Despite what he expected to happen, his wife happily accepted this. It would only contribute to their lives.

It had been a few years after they had started building the cabin, and it had been nicely finished up. The husband was laying on a grassy hillside, gazing up at the darkening sky. The small huffs and puffs announced the arrival of the wife, and he lifted his head up slightly, a grin on his face. She was so much smaller like this - it was rather adorable. She finally made it up the hill and collapsed in the crook by his neck. "I'm gonna pass out of exhaustion one of these days." She breathed, tangling her fingers into a stray lock of his hair. He let out a breathy laugh. "I won't let that happen." Slowly, he reached up, resting a massive hand against her back. Instinctively she flinched, but it was nothing more than instinct. He would never hurt her.

Several more years had passed. The husband had grown strange and distant. The wife was worried. He was starting to dissapear at night then return in the morning with feathers or fur littering his outfit. He would never tell her why. "Please, just tell me what is wrong!" She begged, leaning heavily against the table. He ignored her, continuing to clean his clothes off. "Darling, something is up. You can't hide it from me. It's my job to take care of you!" He whipped around. His eyes weren't normal. Letting out a yelp, the wife stumbled back, heart kicking in her chest. His eyes widened and he quickly rushed to her aid, gently grasping her side's and holding her close. "Nothing. Is wrong." He muttered.

Everything was wrong. She now knew where he went during those nights. And his attitude had only gotten worse. It started as she went out one night, in a desperate search for firewood. She wandered too deep into the forest, and the lantern was growing dim. It was just her luck that while trying to head back, she slipped, and the lantern went flying. All light was cut out. She tried to find it, but it was useless. Slowly, she started trying to pick her way back to the cabin, but no light showed up in the woods. She collapsed against a tree, trying not to sob. If only the husband were here to help. He could light the way. She was so entangled in her thoughts of fear that she didn't notice the small thump that shook the ground. Or the next. But the third one, something absolutely massive grazed past her, and she screamed, trying to scrambled against the tree. It stopped. Hiccuping, she tried to flatten herself against the tree. She could barely make out the massive tree trunks that had appeared in front of her, but they were so weirdly shaped that she could easily recognize them. Legs. Before she could get up and try to run home, she was enveloped in a cold, corpse-like grasp. She screamed. She struggled and writhed, but it did no good. She was carried through the forest, the kidnapper silent, until the tight prison opened up and she dropped to the ground. Gasping, she scrambled backwards,  tears blurring her vision. From behind her, the house lamps flooded the lawn, and at the tree line.. Two massive white eyes stood high up in thr trees, staring blankly at her. She didn't need to second guess who it was. Quickly, she scrambled to her feet and bolted inside.

"Listen to me! This isn't good for you! Come back to bed, please, be my husband again!" She begged. This time she had willingly wandered into the forest, several months after that first encounter. The husband (she was starting to think of him more as an animal nowadays) was silent. His grip on her was firm, unmoving. He had her too close to his face. "This is messing you up! Stop it and come home!" She banged a fist on one of his fingers, and suddenly hid grip tightened. She wheezed slightly. A sort of sinking feeling was starting to form in her stomach. This couldn't be her husband any more. The blank, dead eyes, stone cold hands, expressionless face. This wasn't the man she loved. Her heart jerked as she was slowly lifted up, grip shifting on her. She squinted at his face. Something had changed. Something... Oh no.. This used to be a reoccurring nightmare of hers, when she first found out about his magic. White teeth flashed in thr minimal moonlight. "Darling!" She shrieked, shoving at his fingers helplessly, tears springing up in her eyes. She was simply getting closer and closer and... Then she was suffocating in pitch darkness, her screams muffled by something. And then it was over. The wife was gone. The husband was gone. Nothing left but an empty shell.

~~~~~~~~~~
Lmaooooo literally wrote this at 1-2 in the morning, wanna collapse. It's not very good, but uh, thanks for reading anyway