chapter twelve

"Ally!" a voice yelled, causing everyone to go silent. I knew it was Nicole. Ella looked scared and clung to my leg. I picked her up in my arms. Nicole is currently wearing a notably short dress.

"Lexi, let's get you something to drink," Hunter suggested. I nodded my head with a smile and followed Hayden and Hunter to a table.

Hayden handed me a glass of punch which I thanked him for. A few minutes later, I put Ella down so I could use the restroom. I honestly didn't have to. I couldn't bear seeing Nicole clinging to Alex's arm much longer. I was standing in the hallway with a large mirror, looking at myself.

I felt a pair of arms go around me, and I tensed, but once I saw Alex's reflection in the mirror, I relaxed. I felt the air coming out of his nose on my neck. I was enjoying the next few minutes of him holding me. After a few minutes, I felt his soft lips leave trails of sudden kisses down my neck to my shoulder. I shuddered at the feeling of pleasure.

"Alex, are you drunk or something?" I blurted out.

I heard Alex chuckle, "No, I'm perfectly sober, baby." He replied.

I pushed Dylan away, "Alex, you're getting married." I reminded him. "You can't just be kissing my neck like that."

"Alexandra, you know the marriage isn't real. I don't love Nicole. Heck, I don't even like Nicole."

I just realized Alex admitted to having some feelings for me. That's when I realized I do like Alex, at least just a little. I've only known him a week, and he already has this effect on me, and I have no idea why.

I sent him a sad smile, "I'm going to go back." I walked past him to go back to where the party was.

"Lexi!"

I turned around and was about to say something when Alex grabbed my hips and smashed his lips onto mine. Those sparks were still there like the last kiss we shared. My lips were feeling numb. We pulled away from each other slowly.

"Alex, we need to stop this. I feel too guilty."

Alex sighed, "Do you know how hard it is? You've changed everything. I used to be a cold-hearted jerk before you showed up, and it's driving me insane. You're the only girl who doesn't throw themselves at me. You're the most fearless girl I know. You're my Partner in Crime in reality and figuratively."

I grabbed his hands lightly, "I'll always be your Partner in Crime."

"Turn around."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but turned around anyway.

"Close your eyes."

So I did. I felt something cold go on my neck. After he told me to open my eyes, I saw a beautiful necklace. It was an Engraved Heart Photo Pendant Necklace. The back of the necklace said, "Partner in Crime."

"Apparently, Daniel had taken a picture of us a few days ago." I heard Alex say. "The boys suggested getting you that necklace."

I looked up at Alex, "I love it." I pulled him into a hug which he gladly accepted.

Alex laughed, the laugh I enjoy hearing, "Come on. Ella is probably waiting for you." He gently grabbed my hand and led me back to the party.

When we got back to the party, he was right. Ella was, in fact, waiting for me. I picked her up in my arms as I did earlier. I ended up talking to Hayden and Hunter and got to know them better. Nicole was trying to keep Alex away from me as much as she could tonight. That's highly impossible, considering Alexand I live together.

Hours and hours went by, and we finally went home. I was exhausted, so I fell asleep immediately after a long day. I've still kept in contact with my brothers and my parents. I miss them dearly, but I'm glad Alex trusts me enough to let me have my freedom. I'm lucky enough to see them. Everything's been so good so far.