chapter six

"I got it!" I snapped my fingers together. You know when you get an idea in your head, and then you snap your fingers? Yeah, that's what I did. "Cheesy sour cream chicken."

Aubrey licked her lips, "Oh my god. You make them the best. They are fantastic!"

"Okay." I clapped my hands together. "First preheat the over to 375." Aubrey nodded and did so. "Okay, so now you can cut the chicken breast and make sure they're all the same size or at least close enough."

After 15 minutes, Aubrey was done.

"Okay, now place the chicken in the baking pan, then add cheese." I was mixing the sour cream with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and garlic. Once I saw Aubrey get done placing the chicken in the pan, I smothered the chicken with the sour cream mixture. "Okay, you can spread the 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of crushed crackers over the chicken. When you get done, place the pan in the oven and set the timer for 30 minutes."

"What are you doing?" Aubrey asked after noticing I was getting another pan.

"Alex loves Apple Crumble Pie, and I want to make it for him to thank them for the daisies and the teddy bear."

~~~

"Finally. We're done." I huffed out.

I heard the doorbell ring, so I assumed the guests had just gotten here.

"All right, help me carry the pans," I ordered.

Aubrey and I had set out plates and utensils at every seat. I think Aubrey and I made more than enough food, which was good because I was worried we weren't going to make enough food for everyone.

Alexander Kingston

I watched Lexi and her friend walk in. I examined how she was wearing my sweatshirt, and I had no idea why I found it so attractive. She didn't need makeup; actually, she barely wears makeup. The only makeup she wears is mascara. She has beautiful gray eyes, cute little nose freckles, a cute dimple on each of her cheeks, pinky pouty lips, and an adorable button nose.

Lexi looked up and grinned at me. I sent a small smile and a nod her way. She placed a pan in front of me. I curiously unwrapped the tin foil only to discover an Apple Crumble Pie. I looked at my friends, who had shocked expressions on their faces.

Alexandra Montgomery

Yeah, Aubrey and I were placing the pans in front of people. I found it incredibly weird why Chase, Marcus, and Jackson were watching me every move. They had the same look like last time, the same look Jimmy looked at me before. I was debating on whether I should tell Alex. However, I didn't want him to worry or get too worked up over me.

I walked around the other side of the table across from Alex and placed a glass cup of water in front of two huge men. They looked at me with this lust in their eyes. I knew one of them was the leader because of the damn badge pinned on his jacket.

I was about to walk away when the leader grabbed my hand. Eww. I didn't want his dirty ass hand touching me. I yanked my hand away from him. I saw Alex looking like he was ready to kill.

The leader grabbed my hand again and held a firm grip. "Hello beautiful, how are you?"

"Me? Well, if you don't get your skanky and sucio hand off of me, then I'm going to drag your ass out the door and say, "Adiós, perra." (Translation => sucio means dirty. Adios perra means 'bye bitch.')

"Ooh, she's a feisty one, Kingston. I like her." The leader looked at Alex then back at me.

"Fern, let go of her," Alex demanded Fern through gritted teeth. Alexander had stood up and walked around the table towards me. I ripped my hand away from Fern's solid grip and walked over to the arms of Alex, where he held me protectively. I don't know why...just being around him makes me feel safe.

"What a shame, Alexander. I could definitely have a fun and exciting time with that one." Fern nudged his head in my direction with a smirk plastered on his face.

Alex's friends had stood up and surrounded us. His friends were like brothers to me.

"I'm going to-" But Alex was close to lunging at Fern when I grabbed his arm and pulled him back towards me.

"Al," I warned, staring into his eyes. I knew he was furious, but he wasn't mad at me. I grabbed ahold of his hands. "Focus on my touch, okay?" Alex slowly nodded. "Breathe in, then breathe out slowly." I could feel him starting to loosen up after.

I looked at his friends, who were all staring at me in shock.

"What?"

"No one has ever been able to calm Alex before," Logan stated.

"Get out," Alexander demanded the other gang. I squeezed his hands to comfort him.

"Aww, is poor Kingston afraid I'm going to steal his girl?" Fern teased and sarcastically cooed. The man looked at me, "What's your name, hon?"

"Alexandra Montgomery."

I watched Fern's eyes widen like saucers. "W-what?" Fern stammered.

"My name is Alexandra Montgomery," I bluntly repeated. "So, unless you want to die, I suggest you get out before I seriously kill you. Or even better. . .my six brothers will gladly come here. So which way do you want to die? Blowtorch, cutting off your fingers, a chainsaw, a knife, a gun, bare hands, starvation?"

"N-no. We'll leave. T-thanks." After that, Fern motioned for his gang to move. He practically shoved them out the front door.

"How is it that people recognize your name but don't recognize you in person?" I heard Alex ask. I was still in his arms from before.

"Because no one really knows what I actually look like. Right now, this is me." I gestured to myself. "But since I was six, I've always been in a disguise so I could keep my identity a secret from the real world."