chapter nine

Alexander Kingston

The three guys eventually stood in front of me when they saw my livid expression. I was glad to have Lexi back. I was also glad she was able to fight the three cowards. I can tell she's definitely a strong fighter after seeing her fight for the first time.

"Damn, Lexi, nice fighting skills." Cooper complimented.

"Thank you. Being a black belt really paid off." I heard Lexi reply.

I couldn't hold back. If it happened to be Nicole in this position, I wouldn't give a shit, but Lexi...no. I will kill you if you ever lay a hand on her precious self. I lunged at Chase and pinned him to the ground.

"You son of a bitch." I snarled. I could see the fear and panic in his eyes. I looked up and met eyes with the other two cowards.

"I-I'm sorry. W-we didn't t-think you cared s-so much a-about her." I looked back down and watched Chase stutter his own words.

"Alex." a voice called. I knew it was Lexi. I sighed and got off of Chase and walked back over to Alexandra. The other two cowards were trembling with fear.

"I'm glad Lexi kicked all three of your sorry asses." I spat. Cooper, Caleb, and James threw the three in a cell. "I'm going to skin you guys alive." I glared at all three of the cowards through the cell. I gently grabbed Lexi's hand, "Let's go."

"Where are we going?" Alexandra asked.

"Alexandra, are you hurt?" I completely ignored her question. I was still outraged.

"I might have some bruises on my stomach." I heard her mumble. "The stupid boys punched me." I wasn't exactly sure if I was supposed to hear the last part or not, so I kept my mouth shut. "Alex, are you mad at me?" She quietly asked.

I turned around immediately, "No! No, of course not, sweetheart. This wasn't your fault. I'm mad at the four guys that I need to deal with later." I knew Lexi knew what I meant. If any members of my team break my rules, then they're gone. "I'm sorry I let something bad happen to you."

"Don't be, Al. This wasn't your fault. I kinda figured they were going to do something."

"What? How?"

"Oh, uh, they kept giving me these weird looks like they wanted to do something to me. I didn't want you to worry about me, so I didn't tell you."

"Alexandra, as much as I hate to admit it, I care about you, and I want you to tell me something like that next time. I've only known you for four days, and I already care about you."

Lexi nodded her head, "Okay. I'll tell you beforehand." I smiled slightly at her before pulling her to a van that the guys and I had taken.

"We're going home so we can clean up those bruises."

Alexandra Montgomery

We finally got home after 30 minutes. I walked upstairs to my room and flopped down on it immediately. It's been another hectic day. After a few minutes, I felt my bed dip. I looked to my left and saw Alex with a rag in his hand.

"We still need to clean your bruises, pumpkin."

I huffed and flipped over on my back. Alex carefully lifted my shirt over my stomach and started cleaning the bruises carefully. After a while, he had gotten done.

I pulled my shirt down, "Thanks."

"No problem." He didn't speak for a few seconds. It looked like he was debating with his head. "Now...I have a mission tonight, so I was wondering if you wanted to come."

I sat up on the bed, "You want me to come?" Is he serious?

He smiled slightly, "Yeah, you'll be like my partner in crime."

"Hell yeah, I want to come!" I exclaimed with a huge grin on my face.

"We're going to wait until 9:30, though."

~~~

I put my hair in a messy bun, and I put my glasses on as well. I walked downstairs after getting dressed and saw Dylan waiting. I really don't take that long to get ready.

"Ready to go, munchkin?"

I stared at Dylan with my eyebrows raised, "What's with you and the nicknames? I mean, not that I'm complaining, but just why?"

Alex chuckled, "I don't know. They suit you." He shrugged.

I shook my head and walked towards the front door and swung it open, revealing Nicole. There were also her four minions: Danielle, Stephanie, Kayla, Brianna. Nicole pushed me with all her strength, but I didn't bulge.

Nicole ran straight towards Alex, but he dunked her arms and walked over to me, "Come on, baby. The guys are waiting in the RV." He said, tugging my sleeve. Not to mention, he completely ignored Nicole.

Baby? That's a new one.

I let Alex drag me out the front door, but Nicole and her minions were following us. I got into the large RV, followed by Alex. I sat in the passenger seat next to Dylan. Unfortunately, Nicole and her minions boarded in as well.

I turned my head towards Alex, "So, where are we going?" I asked.

Alex laughed because of my impatience. "Well, one, your work is out for the rest of the week because apparently someone burned a part of the building down. Two, we are going to catch a guy named Gary Durbin."

After Alex had explained everything, we were laughing and talking. I've never laughed this much before. This is like a new side of him that I've never seen. Everyone's always commented how Alexander's so cold-hearted.

Noah Flynn

I was watching Alexander and Alexandra. Meanwhile, Nicole and her slutty friends were trying their best to flirt with us, while the rest of us wanted the five girls to shut up.

"What are you looking at?" Ryan asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Alex and Lexi." I truthfully answered. "I've never seen Alex so happy before. Ever since she came along, he's been different...but in a good way. He smiles, he laughs, and he cares only around and about her." Everyone turned their heads towards a happy Alexander and Alexandra. "They're like Partners in Crime, and they're unbeatable. I've seen some amazing things with Alex, but nothing is as amazing as Alexander and Alexandra."

"Preach, brother," Tyler said.