"I'm sorry about Shad, he's a bit of an idiot," he says, and I smile at the floor. "So, I noticed that you said that it's your mother that wanted you to study journalism."

"Oh, yeah," I say, getting caught in his sapphire eyes.

"So... is that what you want to do?" He asks.

"Um..." I start but I have to look away from his eyes to get my thoughts back together. "She's my mother, I want to make her happy," I say, and he raises an eyebrow with a small smile on his face. I smile at him.

"So, that's what you want to do? You want to write?" He asks. No, I think, I hate writing. I just want to get out in the field and catch Xavier.

"Um... sure," I say, and he laughs.

"A'right, well you're getting more mysterious by the second," he says. I bite my lip to keep me from smiling.

"Me? You're the one that's mysterious with that thick... brogue," I say, and he chuckles.

"Mine and Shade's parents moved to the States when I was about seven. All four of them died in a car crash," he says, looking down at the ground.

"Oh my- I'm so sorry. If this is-"

"Nope. It's not as painful as people think," he says. I get lost in his eyes again. He's not telling the truth. "Shad and I ran away when we found out and wound up in Stonegate Orphanage," he says, looking into my eyes. His brows come together.

"What is it?" I ask and he smiles again.

"It's your name," he says.

"My name?" I ask, my smile fading.

"May Eve... it just doesn't seem to fit you," he says. I chuckle, which isn't my best fake chuckle.

"Alright, Britain, what would you name me?"

"I'm not sure... But don't worry, it'd definitely be a great unique name," he says, and I giggle.

"Well... you think on it more and tell me what you come up with," I say.

Ethan approaches me about two hours into the party, after Kate has given Amee her ten dollars, I've made friends with everyone in the entire room, and Irene long since left because of her headache. I notice that Ethan's eyes are bloodshot and his face flushed. As he makes a really bad joke, he touches my shoulder, leaning into me so I can smell all the alcohol in his breath.

"How drunk are you?" Ethan asks. I giggle, swaying side to side like I've been doing for an hour and hit his shoulder.

"You're so bad, Ethan. And wasted," I say. He snorts.

"Nah!" He says. I grab his hand and turn to Kate and Amee.

"I'm going to get him some water," I say to them, over the music. I pull him through the crowd and into a separate bedroom where Shad and Clarity are busy on the bed.

"Where are we going? This room looks taken," Ethan tries to whisper in my ear. I smile at him and pull him off into the bathroom. I close and lock the door. "Whoa, May Eve, I gotta tell ya I'm not really this type of guy," Ethan says, holding his hands up, spilling some of his drink. I chuckle at him as I set my drink down by the sink and take his cup from him.

"Easy Ethan, I'm only getting you water," I say, dumping the rest of his drink in the sink.

"Oh, that's good," he slurs, sitting on the toilet, knocking his glasses askew. I take my own off as I fill the cup full of water. I reach into the waist band of my short, tight black skirt while Ethan isn't looking and grab a small pill before slipping it into his drink. I turn the tap off and crouch before him smiling.

"Wow, you look so gorgeous without glasses," Ethan mumbles as I hand him the cup. I giggle.

"Ethan, you're sweet. And drunk. Drink this," I say, urging him to drink the water. I place my hand on his as he drinks the water and don't remove it until all the water is drained. "That's it," I say smiling. He jabbers on for a few more seconds until he finally dozes off. I unzip my right thigh-high heel boots and grab the thin kit attached to my leg. I unfold the kit and attach the needles to the two different syringes. I search in the bathroom medical cupboards until I find rubbing alcohol.

Turning to Ethan, I roll up his sleeve and clean the area in the crook on his elbow. I untie the stylish elastic bracelet from my wrist and tie it around his bicep before poking him with the needle and drawing a small amount of blood. I quickly bandage the new wound on him and move back to the sink. I remove a small plastic dish from the kit and set it next to the blood sample before reaching into my cream sweater for the small bottle of Evolution Vaccine and stabbing the other syringe into the tiny lid and drawing a small amount out of the bottle.

I replace the bottle back securely in my bra and carefully release two or three drops of the Vaccine onto the tiny plastic dish. I than set the Vaccine syringe down and pick up the blood sample. Being extra careful with this syringe, I squeeze out one tiny drop of blood that lands right in the middle of the drips of Vaccine. Careful not to blink, I watch as the blood and Vaccine sit, one on top of the other, refusing to mix.

I sigh, disappointed. I drain the rest of the blood, the Vaccine and the tiny bit of both that's on the dish into the sink and turn the tap on. I quickly pack everything back into the small kit and erase any evidence of what I did, grab my drink and open the bathroom door to see Shad and Clarity whispering to each. When Shad sees me, he gives me a very drunken smile.

"Been here less than a week and you've already been buffin' people?" He teases. I give them a playful frown. "Oy, I noticed it isn't with the person I set you up with." I widen my eyes as if I've just realized what he is talking about and laugh.

"Oh, no! I just brought him in for a drink of water but..." I push the door open so they can see Ethan passed out on the toilet, "he passed out." Clarity starts laughing and I give them a salute before leaving the room, excited to get friendly with other people and have them "pass out".

A/N:

You all have been officially introduced to every main and side characters... now tell me what you think.

What are your suspicions of Raevon (a.k.a. May Eve)?