About the Volturi

"You said you didn't know about the Volturi?" Esme asks softly as she sits across from Bella and I.

I nod my head as I grab the blanket that was hanging on the couch, "Up Bell," I whisper to my sister, when she was off of me I layed the blanket overtop of me, and patted my lap for her to sit back down, "Yeah, the ones that turned me, left abruptly. They didn't say anything other than they can't eat out of the feeding hour." I explain as Izzy sat on me again.

"The Volturi are one of the oldest, but most powerful coven out there. The Volturi act as guardians, keeping the secret society of vampires hidden from the human world as needed. They often send others to travel from Volterra to destroy overzealous covens from exposing vampires through mass eradication of every vampire (and any humans) present. They have implemented and are enforcing a number of rules of conduct, or laws, that all vampires are expected to obey or get sentenced to death if they don't comply with the laws. There aren't many of them, and they mainly concern the secrecy surrounding the existence of vampires: One is incapable of self-control, and therefore a threat of exposure, immortal children are not to be created. Two, dealing with Children of the Moon , except for the purpose of extermination, is prohibited. Three, false witness, regardless of intent, is forbidden. Four, hunting is forbidden in Volterra, the town of residence of the Volturi. Five, hunts must be inconspicuous, with victims unlikely to be missed; their remains must be disposed of and territory must be changed often. Six, Newborn vampires must be trained before they can be released on their own. Methods have been identified to do so, and they often require more than one mature vampire to be used. And finally seven, rebellion against the Volturi is prohibited." Carlisle says as he places his two hands on his mate's shoulder.

I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion, "Wouldn't Bella have to be changed then? Since she's human and has knowledge of us?"

"Yes, but we are waiting till after graduation, that way she can experience it as a human. Did you tell anyone what you became?" Esme answers.

"No, I just requested to be in the medical wing to get immune to the smell, and asked if I could go hunting every week for the Mess Hall. I figured since the world doesn't know about it, they don't need to either. Though since I did practically grow up there, many knew me before the change and kept asking me if I was alright because I was normally really talkative, but I practically went mute so I didn't have to breath in their scents. And because of their worry, I was sent home for a few months." I explain going over my memory, just to make sure.

N/A
Sorry it's short, I need to go over something's to make sure this makes sense. But please give me your input if I miss anything