Prologue

It was a fine morning in one of the classrooms in Rakuzan Academy. Students chattered all they could before the next period teacher enters the room.

You were reading a History book, learning more about the past governmental issues in Japan throughout the years.

Flickering from one page and another, everybody can tell you were truly concentrating even through the loud laughter and chatters that was currently present in the room.

Everybody still continued to have their conversations even though one of the teachers peeped her head through the door, making you look at the brunette female who was talking to one of the students near the door.

She hands over a stack of papers to the student that was near the door and the teacher announces,

"These are your test papers in English. Megumi-san, can you please announce the scores while I'll go to the faculty for a short meeting? Thanks!"

With those words, You whipped your head to the side and glared sharpened daggers at the infamous, Akashi Seijuro.

He on the other hand, glanced at you with a confident,arrogant and smug smirk playing on his lips in which made your eyebrows twitch in annoyance.

Megumi then stands infront of the class, holding the stack of white papers firmly in her hands as she shouts out the test scores one by one.

You at first, did not listen as she announces the score but once you felt you were going to be called soon, you closed the book and listened intently.

"Himura Yoshino, B."

"Nishio Masashi, C."

"Aru Megumi, Oh! That's me." Megumi giggles at the sight of her test paper infront of her and continues, "B+."

"(L/N) (F/N), A+." Everybody hollered and gave you a few congratulations as everyone applauded at your great score, you couldn't help but thank them even though you're flustered.

You gave a quick glance at Akashi who was at the other side of the room and stuck your tongue out while he wasn't looking.

"Akashi Seijuro, A++."

Your eyes widened and you slammed your head onto your desk softly, wouldn't want to have a bloody and broken nose, wouldn't we?

Again?! Atleast this is like the hundredth time where he has already beaten your test scores from projects and assignments in different and varying subjects, your unreachable score always gets beaten on top of the ladder by the same guy! In other words, this guy can beat you in anything.

A loud groan escapes your lips as you closed your eyes in annoyance, eyebrows twitching and knuckles turning white due to the tightness of your hands on themselves.

You stood up from your desk, slamming your fists onto the wooden surface, gathering eveyone's attention in the process.

"That's it! I am so done of losing to second place!" You growled and walked to the other side of the room, followed by a dark and vicious aura in which your fellow classmates shivered in fear.

Slamming your fists onto Akashi's table and slightly leaned over to meet him face to face, seeing his lips curve into a smile, clearly the look of arrogancy.

"I, (L/N) (Y/N), challenge you!" You said as you poked his masculine chest quite harshly, but let's be real here, no chest like his can get hurt from a harsh poke.

"Challenge in what?" He scoffs as he grabs your hand and brings his face closer to yours. Ignoring the hooting owls known as your classmates, you growled.

"Since today is the start of the last semester, I challenge you in a competition that includes grades and such!"

"And your point is?" Your eyebrows twitch in annoyance with the red haired boy, trying all your might not to punch him to death right now.

"One who gets the highest score between us wins, loser gets to do anything for the winner for the whole next school year."

Continuing, "This competition will then prove that I am better than you!" You smirked confidently as he removes his grip from your wrist and proceeds to cross his arms on his chest.

"You sure you want to challenge the Akashi Seijuro?" You nod with an irritated face as he chuckles.

"Fine but let me warn you, (L/N), no one ever beats an Akashi."