Draco's Inheritance

Delayed inheritance. That's what madame Pomfrey told me. Result of not needing it apparently. I guess I needed it now, just after transfiguration. They said Hades carried me to the hospital wing. I felt slightly empty inside, but it felt like two people were in my brain. It was an odd feeling. Now I was sitting in the hospital, crunching on something called a 'granola bar'. I was a Veela, obviously. Just like my parents. Though they kept to their human forms. Pure white wings came out of my back? My canines were pointy, I had horns at the top my head that waved to the back of my head and my pupils were slits. I looked a lot better, healthier, too. 'Hello.' Second person in my brain said. 'What's this empty feeling even though I have another person in my brain.' I immediately said back mentally. 'I am your Veela side. Technically I am you. We are the same person and think alike, but I am just the full Veela inside. The empty feeling is your longing for your mate. It's gonna get worse until you find him and that could take forever."

I sighed. Almost ironically, an exact second after that conversation he came in. My mate. I smelt him before anything. Cinnamon apples and a campfire. I smelt it before but not to this extent. I looked up and before I could comprehend who it was I jumped from my hospital bed and almost made him fall as I toppled him over, hugging this huge lean figure. I heard him sniffing and knew he recognized me as I clenched to his torso like my life. "Draco?" He asked me. I knew that voice. The moment where my brain was filled with a meadow and bliss shattered like glass as I looked up. Hades. It all made sense now. I looked up at him, worried. I don't know what I was worried of.

"Mate?" It seemed like he corrected himself, but I didn't want to be hopeful. I grinned up at him, my face probably flushed. "Do you... accept?" I asked him. "I accept." He grinned down at me. I felt the magical lock slide into place as it threw away the key. Me and Hades would be together forever. He kissed my forehead and we left to our dorm where we immediately built ourselves a fortress and feel asleep in each other's arms.

That's when I woke up. In my bed, all alone, with no Hades, no fortress, no empty feeling, no second presence in my brain, no Veela, no wings, no horns, no nothing. I had to stop myself from whining. I stood up just as Hades walked out of the bathroom. This time with large bat wings. I shrieked. I knew he was the demon king but that was unexpected. He stared at me with wide eyes that displayed shock. Great I've scared him. "Nice wings." I play off coolly. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"You should hide those." I continued, just as the wings disappeared. 'I better not have imagined that too.' A little voice in my head said. I stood up and Hades and I got dressed before we walked down to the great hall. We ate together and I wondered how I knew what the hell a 'granola bar' was in my dream. I began searching the table but there was nothing labelled 'granola bar' how odd. Was it a dream?

"Hey Hades? What does it mean when you had a dream about getting your creature inheritance?" I asked him. "Delayed inheritance? That means your going to have yours soon. I can teach you to unlock it. I read about it in a book." He replied. "Ok." I grinned at him.

He led me towards a blank wall and paced three times before a door appeared and he led me in. I was slightly confused but I didn't particularly care.

The room was like a meadow and a picnic spot in the middle. There were giant cushions to sit on. He sat on one and I sat on another before he told me to meditate. It was odd but he started talking in a calming voice. "Listen to the sounds all around, and focus on them. Use your eyes too look inward. Into your core. Imagine yourself as your inherited creature. Imagine finding your mate. You can't see them, what do they smell like? Think of that. Focus on it. Don't tell me. Now imagine transitioning from your creature back to human and now back again. Pain goes over you but it's worth it. Look through your creature's eyes and connect. Now keep thinking about yourself turning into your creature and whisper the words, 'Ostende Meam' until you feel pain wash over you. Welcome the pain."

It didn't take long until the pain washed over me and I started convulsing. It was incredibly painful I started to cry. But it we done as fast as it came and I woke up to the smell of my mate. He reeked of campfire and pine trees, like trees on fire and I loved it. I felt quite like a Pyromaniac.

I woke up in a bed that wasn't mine and my mind told me although the room changed we hadn't move. It smelt of him but where was he? The door opened and Hadrian ran in with a plate stacked with food. "You're excused from classes today and so am I. Madam Pomfrey checked up and you and gave us the ok to stay here for the day. You need to rest so I offered to help." He smiled at me and handed me the plate before laying down beside me into the oak wood bed. He reeked of mate and my brain went insane he was my mate.

Hadrian stared at me and asked, "What's with that look?" I wanted to reply and explain but all I could say was "MATE!" Hadrian looked confused as I hugged him and his cheeks went redder than a tomato.