43.

"Yes, keep going," Yoongi assured , so Jungkook began to walk slower, yet the king was keeping the same distance from him

The light so bright in Jungkook's hand, giving him hope and strength.

He wished that his men were ok, leading the battle, that Jimin was safe somewhere out there, as much as he hoped to find Namjoon even here and now and end that war once and for all.

Their suffering has lasted for too long, so Jungkook quickened his steps running up the tunnels.

The darkness around him thickened, the temperature falling so he took the sword out pressing the light to his chest.

Some raven ribbons clouded the way in front of him.

"Demons!" Shouted Jungkook tuning to Yoongi who was standing behind him with his sword already out.

"How many?" Asked Yoongi.

"I don't care," Jungkook began to walk ready to fight Namjoon's servants, but the dark ribbons were moving away the closer he was approaching with the light, his heart began to beat loudly.

He ran into the darkness that escaped further and further opening up the way for him. The last tunnel ended so abruptly Jungkook fell though a wall that turned out to be a painting bumping flat on the marble floor in a palace corridor. The dagger fell out of his hand hitting against a statue, the light dying immediately.

"Uh! We're really made it," Yoongi was a bit pale crawling through the big crack in the portrait of Jungkook's great grandmother.

"It's too empty I think Namjoon is expecting us," muttered Jungkook getting up walking to take the dagger and hide it behind his belt.

"Maybe he has ran," Yoongi was glancing left and right yet there was no sight of any enemy so Jungkook felt uneasy.

What if Namjoon has let them in into a trap?

"We will go to the throne hall and wait for him, he will show up," Jungkook took a loud breath walking down the corridor swiftly stopping at a window to look over the city.

There was some smoke of fires in the lower level, the sky filled with dark ribbons of demons flying to join the battle, the turquoise clouds were now covering the horizon completely crumbling the hair on Jungkook's body, what if it has been their doom approaching.

"Seems that the whole nature is on Namjoon's side," whispered Yoongi stopping right next to him.

"Only a miracle can help us win," Jungkook sighed.

"Especially as it is said that Namjoon can't be defeated by any human or any other creature residing under the sun," muttered Yoongi when Jungkook's heart fell.

Of course he knew that legend, he has heard it one million times yet that turquoise sky wasn't even giving out rain not even starting to talk about what, pouring crystals.

"King Yoongi, you haven't listened to the legends carefully," a voice sounded behind them and Jungkook turned to see shaman Jin walking their way.

"Jin!" Jungkook jumped forward to greet his mentor and friend.

"Namjoon had escaped last night, I guess he will be back soon, or has he decided to give the throne over without a fight," Jin tapped Jungkook's arms.

"So what are those legends saying," asked Yoongi coming closer.

"I'll tell you once we're in the throne room," Jin gave them a sign to follow while the uneasy feeling inside Jungkook was doubling.

What if Namjoon had left to find Jimin, then will come back and demand his life and his army for the life of his hybrid? No, don't think about horrible things like that, Jungkook begged himself storming the castle opening the throne room to find it all empty.

"I don't understand. What is he waiting for?" Asked Jungkook walking to the main balcony to toss a glance over the battlefield to see his and Yoongi's army surrounded, his men falling by demons who were storming through them cutting them down like a tornado a forest.

Tears filled Jungkook's eyes, he couldn't look so he moved back into the room.

"Namjoon!" He shouted his voice echoing along the walls. "Come fight with me you coward."

There was just silence and emptiness around him, Yoongi's and Jin's eyes piercing through him so he squeezed the sword tighter.

"I'm going back to fight with my men, if I fall I fall, but at their side," he said so Yoongi walked towards him with a troubled face.

"Jungkook," he whispered approaching as if for a hug.

"He's Namjoon! Yoongi is Namjoon! Run!" Jungkook jumped back in shock hearing a so known voice echoing through the walls.

A second later Jin screamed when a dark shape left Yoongi's body materializing in the throne room, but Jungkook was too stunned by the boy with fox ears and tail who ran inside up the huge stairs shouting to him.

"Jimin?" Jungkook needed a second to get over the shock, but a lightning like sword hit the ground inches from him breaking the marble so he rolled over the floor stopping between Namjoon and Jimin.

"Jimin run!" He yelled but the boy only lifted his tiny fists sending Namjoon a stubborn gaze.

"Pathetic you are little prince. How low you have fallen to get together with animals," Namjoon was approaching, his robe flattering by the force. "And your army is bleeding out right now while you can't do anything against it, can't save anyone you care for. Haven't you heard, no human can defeat me, no creature residing under the sun," Namjoon tossed a string of force at him but Jungkook blocked, his power bending by Namjoon's strength so he was tossed through the room like a toy.

"No!" Shouted Jimin when Namjoon turned his way.

Thank you so much for your love. Did you like the chapter? What do you think about Jimin coming in time to warm Jungkook? Will they be able to defeat Namjoon?

Also we're at the final of the story I can't believe there are only 4 more chapters left as I'm enjoying writing this book so much.

Much <3