Chapter 9: Notes

The sunlight hit her face and she groaned, pulling the sheet over her head. A strange smell overwhelmed her. She sat up, feeling groggy, and looked around.

Where am I?

It looked like....Officer Wang's room. His photos, basketball and awards were displayed all around.

"Damn."

She vaguely remembered herself drinking at the bar and then Wang came and spoke to her. She must have passed out.

"Stupid Yue!!!" She screamed under the comforter. Well, at least, his sheets did not smell funny.

Why didn't he put her up in a hotel or guest room or something? The last time she wanted was to get involved in another complicated relationship.

Then, she realized what she was wearing. His white sweatshirt, with only her panty on.

Where are my clothes???

"WANG HE DI! I'd kill you if you touch me!"She screamed.

She bolted through the door into the living room. It was a nice cosy little apartment with a clean kitchen. No one seemed to be at home.

She staggered to the table and found a note.

Shen, I need to go to office. Drink the hangover soup. I had to change you because you vomited in the car. Nasty stuff. If you need to take a day off, call Peng. FYI, your clothes are in the dryer.

Wang.

P/ S Nothing happened between us.

She was not sure if she should laugh or cry at his dry humor.

It was her fault to drink. She felt embarrassed for dirtying his car as well, making a mental note to compensate him.

She sniffed the soup and found herself salivating. Wang's girlfriend sure is lucky. Expect that he is a player.

After the meal, she felt better. She started looking around his apartment.

His other room was empty but it was painted in a girly color (pink, the color she would cringe) and there were some clothes in the wardrobe.

So, a stay-in girlfriend? Wouldn't she know that he has been two-timing her?

There was a photo of his girlfriend in graduation attire and him standing next to her. They must have dated since university.

"Graduation photos." She mumbled, as she traced the outline of his face. He did not change much over the years.

Still handsome.

Suddenly, something struck her. She quickly dialed Peng's number.

"Peng, I need you to find all the graduation photos in Wang Yi Bo's year. Maybe the 3 years he was in varsity. Send them to my folder. Yes, I will be back to office."

She paused. Her face turned pale.

"When did the note arrive?"

Her knees buckled under her as she slid down to the floor. A ping came in and she opened the attachment.

Well done, officers. You have witnessed the spectacular show at the university. Now, see if you can catch the next movie in 72 hours' time.
WYB

She glanced at her watch. They only had 60 hours left.