Chapter 3: First Meeting

One month earlier, at Chengdu headquarters, after a debrief.

"I think she is all pretty but no substance." Didi commented.

"Oh? You think she is pretty." Wang Yu Zheng, his colleague responded.

"Did I say that?"

"Well, you just said..."

"I meant her profiling is all bullshit. Why are we paying so much for someone who's all talk? I bet she doesn't understand what we do on the streets."

"According to her profile, she is very hands-on in her job. She had closed a lot of successful cases in Beijing. That's why she is sent here."

"We are fine without her."

"Didi, our cases are piling up. And no clues since the last bombing."

"We are close."

"Are you jealous? Or you don't trust her?"

"I never trust women with a man's job."They are too emotional to think." He said, remembering how he had conflicts with his ex-boss, Qin Lan, who occasionally had emotional breakdowns. Eventually after she found out her hubby had an affair, she requested for a transfer.

"Watch your mouth, she is coming this way."

"Officer Wang, please to meet you. I'm Shen Yue. I'm assigned to your team. May I suggest that—-"

"Yu Zheng, let's go! We need lunch."

"Officer Wang, I'm not done talking."

"While you talk, I need food. I hear you."

"Is this how it's going to be?"

"What?"

"I heard about your reputation. You don't give a shit about your superior. Well, I rank above you so you better listen. Or else your badge is at stake!"

They both stared at each other. He was much taller but she did not back down. Finally, he lowered his gaze.

"Very well, Officer Shen. Tell me what you want."

"Meet me tomorrow, with the team, at my office. I need all the details from you about the recent cases in hand."

"You got the details from the files. Why ask me?"

She tapped his chest. "I need to hear what is in your gut."

"My gut tells me that I'm hungry now. If you would excuse me. Please."

He tried to move around her but she stood close to him and looked straight into his eyes.

"A man who is always hungry but never full even after he eats is also a man who never sleeps until he catches his prey."

She smiled. "I may be a woman, Officer Wang but I am always hungry but never full. Suit up tomorrow at 8am sharp."

"Peng Chun." She turned to her assistant.
"Make sure Officer Wang is fed well today. A hangry man thinks poorly."

He stared at her, his mouth hung low.

Her round peachy ass stared at him back as she walked away in that tight little pencil skirt.

"Damn skirt."

He needed to release himself.