Chapter 6: Who Are You

They spent the rest of the day after lunch looking through Yue's former case files.

Finally, she narrowed down two possible case files that might be connected to the recent bombings.

Meanwhile, Miles came back with a report that the bomb parts are made locally. But the bomb maker used cash, so no evidence of the purchases.

"Why do you pick out these two cases, Boss?" Yu Zheng asked.

"The first case was done by a triad. Even after we caught the boss, I know there must be loose ends. Triads are complex. They can be generations of them."

"And the second—"

She took a deep breath. "This was one of my first few cases I handled after I got promoted. The bomber was a criminal who took his work as art. It was one of the longest cases I ever got involved. I killed him in the end but he killed my partner."

"So end of story."

"No. Something about the way he made the bomb reminded me of the recent case. It was identical."

"Are we talking about a possible copycat?" Didi commented, jumping out of his seat.

Yue nodded. "Peng Chun, did you get anything on next-of-kin of Xiao Zhan?"

Peng shook his head. "Parents died when he was young. But he was taken in by foster care."

"Who was he close to in that home?"

"Nothing stood out but he grew up with a few younger boys and they formed a club called 'Wizards of the World.' They were interested in science and technology."

"Mastermind Wiz. Wiz for Wizard!" shouted Didi.

"Get me that list of boys in that foster home. Good job, guys." She glanced at her watch. "We ought to eat. Where should we go?"

"Sorry Boss, my mother is waiting for me," Yu Zheng said.

Yue looked at him, smiling. "Good boy. Peng?"

He shook his head. "I want to get you that list tonight. So, please go ahead."

Yue turned and looked at Didi. Suddenly, she felt bashful. He was looking at her, intently.

"Let me drive. You look exhausted." He leaned down to her ear. "I need to get some stuff from my house first. Before we..."

She nodded quickly.

Peng eyed Yu Zheng and raised his eyebrow. Both of them quietly smirked.

They finally decided to get something  home to eat. Upon entering her home, Yue hushed Didi and started a thorough bug sweep.

When they were sure the apartment was not being wiretapped, she breathed in relief.

This time, Didi took her concern seriously. He asked her to turn off her phone as well.

Yue could not shake away the thoughts of that old case. Even after so many years, it was hard for her to unwind. Her headache was coming back.

"You look pale, Yue." Didi asked as they were sitting on the couch after dinner.

"Do you have issues unwinding, Didi?"

He shook his head, then shrugged. "Maybe sometimes."

"What do you do to take your mind off?"

"Erm...." He paused. How can he tell her that he jerks off?

"Hey. Answer me. Wait. Let me guess. You find a random girl at the bar and have sex." She teased.