Chapter 32

Hey, Hahmburgers

Hey, Hahmburgers. I'm not far off completing this run of chapters, the last one is short and sweet and will easily be finished in the next few days. With that in mind, I am going to get this whirlwind of a ball ROLLING. I'll post one a day over the next four days (hopefully I actually finish that last one in time hahha). Fasten your seatbelts ;-D

*

'This place is snazzy,' Heiran chirped as a waiter tucked a chair beneath her lilac, chiffon dress.

'Hmm.' Taehyung's imperturbable gaze swept the room while he handed his leather gloves and wool coat to a member of staff.

The eatery was excessively amorous with its chic artwork, candlelight, and linen tablecloths. They'd even draped a fresh bloom of wisteria from the edge of every tabletop so that women cooed when they were shown to their seats.

Despite his suave side-part and black, pinstriped suit, Taehyung was not here to appreciate the romantic charms of the decor, nor woo the glamorous woman tinkering with the hanging flowers. He would enjoy a glass of fine wine, though, while she and Hoseok provided him with an update on his two proteges.

Heiran poured over the a la carte menu as Taehyung took a seat beside his confused comrade. 'What's the matter, Hoseok?'

'A little close for comfort, don't you think, boss?' Hoseok replied, his eyes skittishly zipping around the bustling space.

Taehyung simpered as he picked up a wine list and slipped on his reading glasses.

He was acutely aware that he was playing with fire by choosing a restaurant on the same street as the House of Cards, but he was fond of Itaewon, and being this close to a future investment gave him a sense of control.

'How's your twin faring?' Taehyung enquired, his eyes glued to Hoseok after ordering a Scotch for him, a Malbec for himself, and a piña colada for Heiran.

'The guy's a pussy,' Hoseok stated offendedly. 'Never heard so much fuss in my entire life. Who complains when someone provides them with food?'

Taehyung's luminous grin captured the attention of a passing lady while he removed his glasses, and he graciously bobbed his head as she dashed back to her awaiting husband. 'Try not to frighten the poor man too much.'

'I think I already did when he saw my face,' Hoseok sniggered. 'Why haven't we killed him, yet?'

Taehyung's precautious pupils flicked to Heiran, pleased to see that she was still absorbed in the menu.

The insipid woman had spent the majority of her time away with the fairies, too engrossed in waiting to arrange a date with an old infatuation to realise that he and Hoseok had been working their magic on the sideline.

'Because the man's useful to me,' Taehyung responded nonchalantly. 'Just ensure he is reasonably looked after.'

Their dear friend, Hobi, had been incarcerated at Incheon docks for over a week, but it mattered not that he had seen Hoseok's face. By the time he "escaped", Yunhee and her friends would know that they were here.