9..continuation Mardi Gras

Maura is drinking more.. I finally put foot down on no more alcohol..I grab her by her waist and have her looking at me. " Maura we cannot afford to get arrested..our careers will.be ruined. " . She refuses to wear my coat and goes by herself one and gloves that resemble  what we wear at work. We walk along the water way..She leans against me and placed her hands on my sides.

She leans against me and placed her hands on my sides

The moon is shining down on us. We stay by the waterfront for awhile. She finally discloses to me what Hope told her on the plane. I am furious for Hope calling her a disgrace.  Martin's don't act that way. She was referring to Maura getting wasted before flying. I turnaround and hold her hands. " Maura, yes you drank a little too much.  No one else in your family but you how that scum left your aunt. You are beautiful,  intelligent woman who dealt with the death quite well considering she was your aunt.  Don't allow anyone say anything different.  " Maura kisses me and I froze.
She lets go and runs away  from me. I am not allowing her to do that to me again. I chase after her and pick her up over my shoulder and carry her that way back to our room.  " Jane put me down now damn it Jane." I just ignore her. We get to our room and I unlock the door. I toss her on our bed. I remove our coats .I straddle her. " Your going to listen to.me. I know you are hurting and reacting the way you are. Its okay.  I am not going anywhere nor think of you differently. I am going to take a shower please stay in our room. I am not chasing you anymore tonight."
Jane takes a shower and I get undress and have the top sheet cover me. Jane comes out in a towel. Jane sits on the bed and applies lotion on her body. I do her neck and back for her. Jane was getting up to put her Boston pd night wear. I told her forget about it and just come to bed. Maura passes out within minutes. I just get under the top sheet and falls asleep.  I am woken up by Maura  playing stroking my face.

I open my eyes and look at her for a moment

I open my eyes and look at her for a moment.   " Maura what is going on? First you kiss me and run away, now, you are stroking my face. "  " Jane the reason Jack and I broke up with me is because he realized I had feelings for you more than just a friend.  I have been struggling with this, since you and Casey broke up." I am at a loss for words. Maura could tell I was shocked and was going to get up out of bed. " Jane please don't go. I am not running away from you. Maura kissed me again. This is the second time she kisses me in two days that I don't reciprocate the kiss.  I just hold her because I don't want to lose her as a friend and I don't want to hurt her feelings by rejecting her. I look at Maura. " I  am flattered, but I don't have the same type of feelings for you. Is that why you told me last night not to put any clothes on? Did you think if you woke me up, I would kiss you and it would go further? I  don't want you leaving the bed angry and going doing something stupid. We can work this out together as friends. I still want you as a friend. You are like a sister to me. I am going to kiss you on your forehead. Please don't read anything in it as in sexual." Jane kissed my forehead and tears run down my face.  Jane cuddles with me like she always has. I realize I should of just kept my mouth shut. We both go back to sleep. I wake up before Jane telling her I am going running.  I was putting on my sneakers when she grabs me by my waist.
" Maura wait, I  am coming with you." I don't feel awkward getting in dressed in front of Maura. We take two water bottles, key cards, my micro gun, my identification and my cash. Maura takes her visa card, identification and key card. I take my gun even when I run.  I am licensed to carry even in New Orleans. I just have to show the law enforcement officer my identification. We run 26.2 miles today and we are close to the hotel we are staying at. Maura books us two body massages. This is our first time meeting our goal for the upcoming marathon race and we both are hurting.  The massage feels good on my body. I ask Jane and she agrees with me. We take our showers and head out to eat breakfast.