7. Packed and ready

Maura wanted to go out for lunch and than head to thd airport early.  With new regulations, since 911, all passengers are required be there two hours early.  We knew we would hit traffic and Maura didn't want to miss the plane.

  We knew we would hit traffic and Maura didn't want to miss the plane

Maura has been acting odd since last night. I just brush it off as she is sad and stressed. She orders several glasses of wine and a shot if bourbon.  I don't stop her. I just order one beer with my steak sandwich, and fries with side salad. I made sure Maura ordered more than just her salad. Maura ordered salmon,  baked potato and green beans with almonds with fresh baked artesian bread.  I finally stopped her after she had her shot of bourbon and four  glasses of wine. I pay the bill and help her to my jeep. We check in and wait for the other Martin's.  They realize she had little too much to drink.  They don't say anything.  Maura gets up and runs to the bathroom. I follow her. She vomits all of her lunch and lots of the liquor.  I buy some mouth wash and have her rinse out her mouth.  Rachelle asks,
"MAURA ARE YOU FEELING BETTER? YOU LOOK BAD." " YES,  thank you for your concern. " They call our flight number. We wait in line for first class.  We give them our tickets and board the plane.  Hope sits by Maura so she could talk to her. I sit with the younger Martin's.  Both of Maura's sisters are worried about Maura.  I reassure them that I will be here and look out for their older sister. Hope gets up. I get up and take my seat next to Maura. I put my hands on Maura's and just holds her hands.  I could tell that whatever Hope addressed with Maura it hit a cord. Maura slides towards me and places her head against me. I just held her in my armpit of my left until we landed. She fell asleep. I woke her up and told her we were here. She rented a separate vehicle. I don't know what Hope told her but it has gotten Maura to book us a hotel instead of staying in the suite with the other Martin's.  I don't ask. When Maura is ready to tell me, she will. In the meantime,  I am staying by her side. She puts the rental in both our names. I drive while she speaks with her boyfriend, Jack.  I don't care for him. I never have. He treats her like crap.  She hands me her cell. I pull over and turn off the car.  Hope pulls over too not sure what we are doing.  I listen to Jack.  I finally tell him a few choice words and tell him,  " you stay away from her. If you come near her,  I will arrest you. " I hang up her cell and block his number.  I restart the vehicle and proceed to the Marriott hotel.  Hope follows me. We arrive at the hotel and get valet parking.  Catherine walks over. "Maura are you okay.  Mom had no right telling you what she did. Rachelle and I both stated that to mom.  J understand why you booked your own vehicle and hotel room. I am so sorry sis. I love you.  " " Thanks Catherine, please tell Rachelle thank you for me.  I love you two too."
Maura hugs her sister. I am still clueless on what is going on. Maura gives them are names. We receive two key cards and follow the bell hop to our room.  Maura and I unpack. " Jane after the services, I want to fly back to Boston or maybe New York." " Maura whatever you want me or need me to be. I will.  " "Tomorrow,  I would like you to drive . We will go to my aunt's house to pay our respects and eat dinner but after that we are leaving.  I have asked Frankie to have a lock Smith to change all my locks and password and alarm code.  He said,  he will leave the keys at your place along with my new alarm code and password.  Jane please just hold and lay with me."

We nod off and slept the rest of the night

We nod off and slept the rest of the night. We get up the next day by nine to have breakfast downstairs.  Hope tries to talk to Maura. Maura finally says, " you cannot take your words back. I am an Isles. I will act accordingly like Isles do but after dinner I don't want you near me at any place I am. You could throw away my keys. They longer work." Maura walks away.  " Jane I blew it. Please take care of her." " Hope I do not know what you expressed to her but whatever it was must of been hateful for her to react the way she is. MAURA HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY PRIORITY. PLEASE RESPECT HER WISHES. I WILL BEHAVE ACCORDINGLY AT YOUR THE GRAVE SIDE SERVICES AND AT THE MARTIN FAMILY DINNER. PLEASE DON'T CAUSE ANY MORE FRICTION WITH MAURA." Catherine and Rachelle are hugging Maura. " Please don't cut us out of your life. We don't agree with her.  We love you. "  " I will not cut you two out of my life. I love you two. You two will always be my sisters." Maura kisses them on their cheek. Maura and I go eat our breakfast.  Maura. We go back to our room and go for a walk to get some fresh air. We eventually make it back to our rooms, take showers and get ready for the grave side services and dinner.
The services went well. We drive to Maura's uncles home for dinner.

We acted dignified and polite

We acted dignified and polite. We finished our dinners and said good bye to her uncle.  Her uncle walked us out.  " Maura I don't agree with HOPE.  You will always be a Martin in my eyes. " " THANK YOU UNCLE GEORGE." George says, " Jane thank you for coming and looking after my niece. You two are always welcome back in my home.  If there is anything,I can do call me on my private number. " He hands Jane two business cards.  ONE for me and THE other for Maura.  He writes on the back of Maura's. ♡ UNCLE GEORGE. He hugs
Maura  and we leave the estate. George Freeman is a very wealthy businessmen in Kansas. Maura and I get dress into other clothing and pack our belongings. We check out. Maura has booked two first class seats to New Orleans instead.