I Don't Trust You Anymore

Start from the beginning

"I don't understand," Jefferson said as he turns around from looking in the room where Dick was struggling. "I mean, yeah, Granny's X-pit was pure torture, but I recovered, and Marie is recovering. Why is Dick in such a bad way?"

"I wish I knew." Aquaman sighed.

"It seems obvious." Annabelle said, "What do Jeff and Marie have common that Dick doesn't? They have powers; maybe that has something to do with it?"

"His brain is swelling," Bruce told them as he comes to the door in a rush. "Doctor Jace says we need ice to bring down his temperature."

"We're on it." Jefferson nods, and the group quickly rushes off to get the ice. Marie paused for a moment as she felt the discomfort in her chest again. She turned her slightly back with a sigh.

Marie clenches her fist as a familiar pan hits her heart as she thinks about Dick. "God damnit, Dick, you make everything so difficult, don't you." Marie shook her head before going off in the direction that everyone went in.

LOS ANGLES

January 22; 02:24 PST

"Mother of Goat," Brion complained, as he, Violet, Forager, Victor, Garfield, and Jenna were out eating, and he was watching a new superhero group on his phone. "This Infinity Incorporated is poaching on the Outsiders' turf."

"We have turf? What are we? A gang?" Jenna raised a brow at Brion as she takes a bite of her pancakes.

"Mmm. Oh, take it as a compliment." Garfield told him as he to easts his pancakes. "We inspired them. They wanna inspire others. Mmm."

"And that's a good thing, right?" Violet agreed.

"Always looking on the bright side." Brion smiled at his girlfriend. " I need that. Frankly, I'd be lost without it. Without you."

"Aw, that's so sweet." Jenna cooed.

Violet frowns, and Brion quickly notices and frowns as well. "Not in a pancake mood?"

"It is difficult to enjoy pancakes when my powers can do nothing to pull Dick back from death's door," Violet said, causing everyone to stop eating.

"Oh, that's depressing." Jenna frowns, placing her fork down.

"Didn't you just say she always looked on the bright side?" Garfield asked Brion.

"I think we all feel a bit guilty we're here enjoying a meal while Dick is so ill." Brion defends Violet.

"What else can we do? Dr. Jace asked us to give some space to his oldest friends and family." Violet said.

"That reminds me. Who is his family?" Brion asked. "Is Grayson's father Bruce Wayne--"

"Look, can we talk about Gretchen?" Garfield quickly changed the topic, "She's the reason Dick's... Well, you know. She almost killed Jeff, Mar, and Motherbox, too, using some serious Apokoliptan tech. You know she's got something else cooking. And I'm not talking about pancakes." Garfield stands up, placing his hands on the table. "We need to take her down!"

******

Marie and Annabelle stood talking with Aquaman, Conner, and M'gann when the kids come back from having a late lunch. Marie glanced towards Med Bay, where she sees Barabara, Tim, and Bruce walking out of the room.

"Is everything--" Dr. Jace began to question

"There's no change," Barbara told her. "Alfred's with him."

"Kaldur, M'gann. A word." Bruce looked at the two leaders. Marie crossed her arms as she glares at them as they walked away with the Batfam to the kitchen.