29 - foreign letters pt 3

Bắt đầu từ đầu

i tore the envelope open in desperation and found a few of my favorite candies and a small, red, heart-shaped lollipop that was slightly translucent. i held the lollipop up, looking at it while twisting the stick of it to spin it around in my fingers. i then took the letter out and read it to myself.

dearest y/n/n,

surprise! i got you your favorites again. i hope you enjoy them.

as you could probably tell by the calendar, it's nearing valentine's day. so i not only got you a strawberry lollipop (which i think you'll like by the way. i know you mentioned that strawberry is your favorite), but i also got you a small box of mochi! {a/n: if you wanna change the snack, you can. i just chose mochi out of where lmao} i'll drop it off here at your locker during lunch so keep an eye out, but don't come too early of course because that's not the main point. even though i actually did get you mochi, what i really want to say is that i think i'm ready to reveal my identity. why should i be distant when i can be romantic on romance day right?

i feel like we've developed a good enough bond to meet each other (or have we crossed paths before?). i'm thinking of meeting up at [insert the name of a cafe here], the cafe a few blocks away from here at 12 pm this coming saturday. is your schedule free? would you like to suggest a different day or a different spot?

if you don't feel comfortable meeting me, i understand. i know i may seem like a complete stranger to you, but i promise you after we see each other, you'll know who i am. just please let me know how you feel about it. if you turn down the offer, i completely understand. i won't be upset with you. your feelings are more considerable than my own, and i just want you to feel comfortable and happy. you're too beautiful to be sad on a week like this. i hope you got some sleep and don't forget to stay hydrated! <3

- always from, anonymous

my heart fluttered as i stared back at those words. i think i'm ready to reveal my identity. i tried my best to hold in a big squeal as i felt my smile spread wide across my face. all that pondering, all that curiosity, it's officially going to pay off. i can see who this man is! i can be with him! i held the letter close to my chest, staring at my folders and textbooks placed on the top shelf of my locker, letting my thoughts process and ponder on how big of a deal this is to me.

i felt the corners of my lips cease to tug, only widening my smile as i continued on with my routine, organizing my supplies for class and leaving the letter and candies in my backpack, taking a mental note to try and write and deliver a letter before lunch came around to thank him. he's getting me mochi too. jesus christ i think he's spoiling me. i should add that to the letter!

nate's pov

saturday. what an important day. it's valentine's day, cupid's and lovers' day. i hope y/n says yes. i saw them smiling like crazy this morning as they had my letter against their chest. it made me smile and slightly blush in return, hoping they didn't see me pass by. our small friendship in class started to grow as i got the courage to talk to them whenever we partnered up for work. nowadays when we see each other in the halls or in class, we even exchanged nods and smiles, making me nervous for absolutely no reason. i took note of their petite stature when they sat next to my broad figure, and how gorgeous their facial features looked up close. i made sure to compliment or at a least allude to their best features in our letters, which is everything to say the least.

it made my heart flutter, knowing we got along better within that one class. it was going smoothly, but i wondered if they figured out it was me, if they knew i was their secret admirer the whole time. i wish i could read past their sweet smiles they shot me and giggles they'd let out every time i told a joke to see if they knew it was me or not, but i knew that was impossible. i just had to wait for the time to come around for their response to show up. i tried to picture in my head what they'd look like, seeing me in the cafe. the thought made my mind run wild. what would their expression look like? would they accept me?