- alternate dimension bonus chapter

Start from the beginning

Standing up straight, he offered a smile to the male. Being this close to the beutiful man has rendered Alec speechless, and upon not knowing what to say, his eyes darted on the small piece of banana bread in front of the man and quickly blurted out an opening line.

"So, uh, that's a good bread,"

"Excuse me?"

"I said that's a good book!" Alex quickly blurted out, trying to salvage himself from that poor opening line.

The man frowned and lifted up the book so Alec could clearly see the title on the cover. Theoretical Astrophysics: Volume III. "You read about astrophysics?" the man asked unsurely.

"Definitely," Alec said a bit too quickly. "You know, stargazing, constellations, and stuffs, astrophysics is definitely my thing."

"Uh.. I think you mean astrology," he frowned.

The man's eyes kept darting from Alec then back to his own book, as if he wanted to keep on reading but didn't want to come off as rude. To stop this attempt from going downhill-since Alec still wanted to get to know this beautiful man destipe having embarrased himself only a moment ago, Alec grinned and held out his hand. "I'm Alec by the way, lover of good bread and stars."

At that, the corner of the man's lips tuned upwards. It was only a slightest hint of a smile, but Alec found himself wanting to see more of that smile. The man took his hand, blushing when they touched. "I'm Jax," he said in return.

"Jax," Alec said testing out the name, not failing to notice how Jax's blush seemingly intensified. "Well, Jax, would you like to get some coffee with me?"

"Um.." Jax didn't answer right away. Instead, he looked around them, reminding Alec once more that they were literally in a coffee shop right now. "Right, well, I see you haven't ordered any coffee yet so, the offer still stands?" he said hopefully.

Jax pushed up the rim of his glasses. "I don't like coffee," he said simply.

At that, Alec raised his eyebrows. "You go to a coffee shop everyday but you don't even like coffee?"

Jax frowned, "How do you know I go here everyday?"

"Interesting question," Alex chuckled awkwardly then quickly changed the subject—which made Jax narrow his eyes suspiciously at him. "How about lunch then? I know a great place just around the corner."

"You seem nice," Jax started nervously, hands fiddling with the corner pages with his book. "You really do, but I'm not interested. And honestly I'm kind of creeped out right now."

"Yeah, I've been told that many times."

Jax's eyes widened slightly just as Alec blurted out, "The nice part, you know, not the creepy part."

"Sure.." Jax trailed off awkwardly before shutting off his book and getting to his feet. "Well it was nice meeting you, but I actually got to get going."

"Oh, I see," Alec said with a smile, although his heart dropped upon hearing that the man had to go. Maybe if Alec had actually flirted the way he usually did instead of coming off as a creep, he would've stayed longer.

Alec stood up as well and held his arm out and gestured Jax to walk ahead. "I'll walk you out," Alec said, making Jax's eyebrows rasied and mumbled 'oh wow he's surprisingly a gentleman' under his breath.

The walk from their table to the door was only a few steps, but Alec made every one of them count as he kept the conversation going—this time managing to make Jax smile a lot more than before.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐅 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐍 - 𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐂 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃 🎉