chapter 1

Chapter 1

I sat next to Aro, Caius and Marcus's thrones, not having anything better to do in these dreams or what ever you call them. I had no control on where I went when I fell asleep but if I did, I hadn't figured it out yet." How is young Kira, this evening "Marcus asked, one thing that kept me safe in these dreams, only Aro could see me or hear me, but he couldn't touch me.

" I'm very bored" I mumbled causing Aro to chuckle. Aro told him what I said and Marcus did something shocking, he smiled. I picked at a transparent thread, oh I forgot to mention, in these dreams, I'm wearing a black dress, that shows my shoulders but goes down past my knee, the neckline hugs my throat but was suprisingly comfortable, the sleeves went down to my wrists hiding the three Vampire bites on my left wrist. Two were from Aro and one was from a now very dead Vampire named James. On my feet were a pair of black flats.

" I've noticed something troubling you, for the last few days, Kira. Is something wrong?" Aro asked and I shook my head.

" its just, tomorrow is my 18th birthday and it also marks 8 years since I got sick" Aro nodded.

" that's right it is, Happy Birthday, Kira" the scene started to darken and I sighed getting up. " see you tomorrow night, Aro" I mumbled and he nodded.

I opened my eyes and rolled over looking at the sun through my Balcony doors. " 3....2....1" I counted and my dad knocked my door calling out" Happy birthday, Kira" I smiled getting up and changing clothes. I walked downstairs to find Bella waiting. I sat down and Dad appeared from the hallway, with something behind his back. Bella and I raised our eyebrows.

He smiled before pulling a book with a from behind his back. He handed it to me and I smiled flipping through it, It was blank. I hugged him and he chuckled, hugging me back. Along with my love for music, I also had a talent for art. Dad left the room and I sighed putting the book in my backpack.

" how are the 'dreams' going" Bella asked and frowned.

" Well, their very boring, all I can do is sit there and watch, I actually got Marcus to smile" she gave me a confused look and I sighed laying my head on my hand." Edward will explain it" I mumbled pulling my jean jacket on. Even it was naturally cold in Forks, Washington it didn't bother me. I pulled my backpack on and left the house.

I walked into the parking lot and Alice and Jasper appeared. Alice handed me a small wrapped box and I opened it to find a beautiful silver necklace. I hugged her and Jasper chuckled. I closed the box and put it in my bag for later, Alice had planned a party for tonight at the Cullen house. I went to my locker and put my lunch away but when I closed the door there stood the school bully, Niomi Bates.

I ignored her as I turned and went to my first class as the bell rang.