It is true what they say about tension. You can feel it even in your sleep. I opened my eyes hearing the shuffling of the Dauntless and I take in a breath, nobody uttered a word.

I looked to my side to see Tris sit up from her bed and looked around confused by what was happening. I sit up from my bed as well and take a look around.

Everyone was quietly putting on their clothes and boots.

"What's going on?" Tris asked me, I looked at her and removed the blanket from over me. "Mind control." I answered quickly grabbing my boots and put them on. "What do we do?" She questioned grabbing her boots as well. "Blend in." I answered standing up and grabbed my original jacket.

I turn my head to look at Will who began to walk past by my bed.

Tris and I quickly form into a line with the rest then follow them out to the pit. All I could think about was what was going on inside everyone else's mind. Could they still see what was going? Was their mind just blank? I wasn't sure.

I carefully looked around to see that everyone was being controlled. Even Aaron who was across from me. Her smile was gone. I go down the stairs with Tris following right behind me and we get in line with the rest of the crowd.

"They can see and hear us, but just don't process it the same way. The command's come in to be transferred." Max said to Eric, I kept my eyes ahead and tried to blend in. From a few feet ahead I see them pick up guns from the table and I cautiously glanced to my side.

A man comes through the line and looked around confused.

Oh no.

"Hey, what's going on? What...What are we doing?" He questioned slightly shaking another soldier. "It's a Divergent." Max said to Eric, I glanced at the confused looking man and felt my heart begin to race. "I'll take care of this." Eric said cockily, I picked up a gun from the table and kept it close to me like everyone else did.

"Hey, you know, everything's going to be fine. No need to worry." Eric said faking his comfort to the man. "I don't get it. What's going on?" The man asked him. "It's all going to be okay." Eric said.

I hear a loud gunshot echo through the pit and I held my breath to stop me from flinching.

The line led out to the train and everyone began to get in. I wanted so badly to try and wake up everyone, to free of them, but I would only end up killing myself in the process.

I jumped in after the person in front of me and see Four standing a few feet away from me. I sneakily went behind him and stared at his back.

Everything was silent in the train, I couldn't even hear the other's breathe. It was all quiet.

I take in a breath as the train doors closed and looked to my side. Aaron stood there with a poker face and I felt terrible for her, not being able to have control your mind is one of the scariest thing somebody has to go through. My eyes go back to Four and his hand dangled to his side, in my gut there was this feeling of certainty with him.

Without hesitation, my hand gently grabbed his and he immediately reacted. He lightly squeezed my hand and I let out a sigh closing my eyes.