zero tolerance policy

It was Saturday morning, for me it meant a late breakfast and probably a whole day of missed homework knowing how disorganised I was. I sneaked back into my dorm trying my best not to wake May and Charlie who snuggled under their covers, still in half of their costume. The floor was scattered with make up, clothes and an empty fire whiskey bottle. The warm light littered the walls as it struggled to shine through the thick curtains. I walked over to my bed thinking I was in the clear. "Where you been?" a muffled voice whined from under the covers. 

"Don't worry about it", I whispered back to Charlie who had turned over to face me, she looked like she might have also have had a rough night, she had tracks of mascara down her face similar to mine and her hair looked like a birds nest but I saved my questions for breakfast. 

I slept for about two hours before I was shaken awake by May, "Get off your lazy ass! Time for breakfast!" I opened my eyes to May still completely covered in glitter and dressed in her white dress. 

"Have a shower first, you stink!", I muttered at May as I hid from the light under my fluffy covers. 

"RUDE!" she shouted back as she headed for the showers, grabbing her make up stained towel from her bedpost. I looked over to Charlie's bed, she sat up on her bed looking very confused. Her eyes were focused on the window, completely zoned out, in her own world, not unusual. 

"By the look of you, you must have had quite the night", I said as I poked my head out of my covers giving up on getting anymore sleep. 

"I took those herbs" she sounded regretful, "you know the ones Flint and his friends were giving out?" I nodded carefully, I didn't really want to think about it, "Well I don't really know what happened after that.." her voice slowly trailed off as she reverted her concentration upon the windows. I hoped with all my might that Flint got the message after I stamped on his face but who knows with him. I tried to study her face, see what she was thinking. I was usually quite good with reading people but I never really could figure out Charlie. Her concentration was broken as May stormed back into the room. 

"Alright girlies, tell me about your night!" I think the purpose of the question was for us to ask her back, we both stayed quiet and waited for her to say what she really wanted. 

"You guys are boring" she walked over to her bed and plonked down with a loud thud, "Right well me and Ced fucked!!!!!" she seemed so excited and I wanted to be happy for her but that wasn't something that I wanted to talk about right now so I gave off an excited fake smile. 

"You go girl", Charlie did the same but she wasn't as convincing, "Tell us everything".

"Oh my he is just so sexy, more than Lupin and that's saying something!" her face grew in joy as she continued telling us all the intricate details whilst changing into her classy Saturday outfit which consisted of her dark blue jeans paired with a white blouse and her dads green v-neck jumper over the top. May always looked perfect, she was a very hectic person but you could never tell if you didn't know her. Her outfits were always perfectly coordinated, her jewellery was cleanly layered and her shoes were spic and span no matter where she had been running around. In comparison to me who this morning through on my blue and yellow quidditch trackies which had HUFFLEPUFF printed across my ass, a white wëird sisters t-shirt I got at one of their concerts last year and a plain black zip up. My hair was still Bellatrix style from last night and my make up had still left a stain despite me washing my face three times this morning. Charlie as always was wearing her black tennis skirt with a black hoodie even thought it was November. After learning the ins and outs of Cedric's technique we heard the boys call from downstairs and headed off to the great hall with them. 

Saturday breakfast was optional so the hall was rather empty, I spotted Harry, Ron and Hermione at the Gryffindor table enjoying a conversation with Seamus and the twins, I gave a quick wave and returned my concentration to the others. We (they) were enjoying our beans on toast when a group of Slytherins entered the hall and proudly strutted to their table, like a pack of lions that couldn't be separated (except they were anything but lions).