you love me really

"Ok so, have any of you heard of weed before?" I asked in hope that this would lead to a brilliant prank orchestrated by me. 

"What you mean like weeds that grow in places they aren't wanted?" May asked confused.

"Oh so like you then?" Jake kicked May, she was not amused. 

"No you idiots, it's what muggles use to get high!" Tom clarified for the group.

"Right, so, no one really knows about weed in the wizarding world because we've got all our own shit. But for this we can't use things that the teachers will know how to stop.." all three eyed me slowly, listening to each small detail, "Weed is an herb, so you can pretty much put it into anything, any form. Right?" nods followed around the circle, "So what we do. We put the weed into candles, food, drinks, anything that can be smelt of digested and we offer to sell it to the students as I way of volunteering." smiled began to form, mischievous ones. "Once most of the school have purchased our products everyone will slowly get the 'high' feeling without knowing what it is, not even the teachers will know what it is or how to stop it. Now what do you think?" 

A chorus of "Brilliant!" sounded and a glorious echo of laughs followed. 

"Right, the problem is I can't get the weed until the Christmas holidays when I go home to the 'muggles', so we'll have to wait until then", we all sighed in disappointment but agreed it was going to be worth it in the end. 

"Alright boys?" Cedric Diggory had walked over to acknowledge Tom and Jake. May turned her face to me to make an expression of joy. I smiled and knew exactly what evil thing I was going to do next. "Oi, Diggory", he turned to me and May, "I heard praises about your exceptional work in duelling" I said imitating McGonagal.

"Well, I don't like to boast", he chucked looking over at May who had hid her face in Jake's shoulder. 

"You see, May over here is quite frankly...shit, think you could help her sometime?" I winked over  at Tom who was in support of this match making. Cedric smiled kindly, "Of course, Button you up for some experts help?" May looked up and nodded nervously.

"Great! I'll see you around then", he started laughing as he walked back to his mates.

"Your such an arsehole Iris", May whined as she repositioned herself. 

"What? I don't even get a thanks?" 

"Thank you", May mumbled covering her wide grin with her sleeve. 

§§

The next morning I dragged myself to breakfast in fear of having to spend another meal in that chaotic kitchen with Snape. I sat down with the others and had a banana, I looked up to the staff table and got a wide grin from Professor Sprout. However, her expression quickly weakened as Snape whispered something in her ear before mysteriously wandering off. 

"So what have we got first period?" Jake said while stuffing an entire bread roll down his throat.

"We've got DADA Iris but I think you two divination", May muttered whilst also downing some fresh orange juice. The two lads moaned in disappointment. I realised that DADA meant the Professor and I didn't particularly enjoy my last encounter with him. I thought it maybe best to try and convince May to skip with me.

"Ugh I really can't be arsed for Lupin this early in the morning, do you wanna skip and go for a smoke on the quidditch pitch instead?" I said in hope that May would agree and I could dodge a morning dose of DADA.

"Nah Iris I'm sorry but I'm falling behind and I'm actually quite enjoying Lupin's classes at the moment", she looked at me apologetically. 

"Ok fine but cover for me yeah?" I jumped up to a nod and rushed off back to my room. I hurried up the stairs to my room, grabbed my books for my lessons later, my tie and my baccy and hurried off to the dungeons. 

I sneaked around the Potions classroom and off to the secret garden and sat myself right under the stone staircase that led up to a separate balcony but I was never quite sure whom it belonged to. I pulled out my muggle novel and lit up a cigarette. I enjoyed the warm feeling of smoke fill my lungs as the fresh air turned polluted. I tended to hate my own company but it was nice to be alone once in a while when you are constantly surrounded by other people. I spent the first half an hour enjoying my book whilst bathing in the sun, it was cold but the sun shone through the clouds, until I was interrupted, "You know your friend May isn't a very good liar", I simply lifted up my middle finger and smiled.

"Excuse me", he laughed as he approached down the stone stairs, "Why aren't you in my lesson?"

"Why aren't you in your lesson?" I asked back quickly.

"Because I was told that you had fallen down the stairs on your way to my classroom. However, when I asked your friend which staircase and if you were alright her answer was simply I'm sorry sir", he continued down the steps, "So I thought I must check which stairs you fell down to make sure you are alright" 

"Well" I thought for a moment, "I did fall down the stairs, I fell down those stairs", I pointed towards him. 

"You seem to be doing alright"

"I am, thank you for asking" I stood up, gave him a twirl and plopped back down again. 

"That is fantastic, then you can follow me back to my classroom" he began to walk back up the stairs. 

"Ummm....No I'm good" I smiled. 

"It wasn't a question Miss Bluehorn", the Professor stood still and watched me stare at him in confusion, "Get up, put your cigarette out and come back to class now."

"Or what?" I started laughing.

"Or I won't keep midnight chats, secret gardens and nicotine addictions a secret anymore", he sounded serious this time so I put on a scared face. 

"Then I won't keep midnight chats and secret gardens with my Professor a secret either", his face tensed together and he looked away.

"But if it means that much to you to see my face in your classroom I guess I'll come", I sprung up and started laughing. I galloped up the stairs up to him, I stepped onto his step and stared him dead straight in the eye smiling my innocently whilst he stared back angrily. 

"I strongly dislike you Miss Bluehorn", he started laughing as if he had just given up. We were so close to each other that I could feel him laugh, I could smell dark wood, caramel and hint of perfume. 

"Oh come on smart one, you love me really", my smile stopped as we stared further into each others eyes and realised there was something else going on.