classy!

It was the day before halloween and we had just received an invitation from the Slytherin seventh years to join them in the castle gardens for a Halloween celebration tomorrow night. We were skeptical at first but most of us didn't have any plans so we caved and accepted the invitation. Our only worry was Snape but we assumed the others had figured something out. 

"What's everyone going as then?" we were all sitting in the common room waiting to head off to our next lesson, but as always waiting for Jake. 

"I'm thinking house ghost, maybe headless nick...", Ced had strolled over to us and swung his arm around May, she blushed and looked at the floor attempting to hide her excitement, "What about you May?"

"Maybe a Unicorn?" she giggled knowing she was about to be made fun of.

"I hope a sexy one!" I mumbled winking at Ced who was smiling down at May. They had a good time 'duelling', I wasn't told much apart from that he was a very good kisser. 

"Sorry guys, I can't find my care of magical creatures book anywhere, it must have run off or something!" Tom shouted as he came running down the stairs from the boys dormitories. 

"C'mon then", we headed off to the woods with the rest of the seventh years in our class.

"I heard Malfoy had a bad time with Hagrid's Hippogriff", Oliver Wood whispered to his Gryfindor friends behind us. 

I tilted my head back, "How unfortunate", the group laughed but I assumed they knew that we were in party kahoots with the Slytherin's as their chorus of laughs died down quickly. 

It was still quite cold but the sun was shining through the gaps in between the trees. The ground was wet with last nights rain, my shoes were completely drenched. All the Ravenclaw girls on the other side of the tree were complaining about about their cold feet and giggling over Oli Wood and Ced. 

"Alright, um, hello everyone!" Hagrid seemed nervous, "Now Buck is a real nice fella and he won't harm ya if you don't make him feel threatened", his stutter continued, it felt like he was on edge, "One lad'as already has some trouble with old Buck here, but, um - you see - it wasn't Buck's fault, he was just scared!" Hagrid tried to sound reassuring. Everyone knew it was Malfoy he was talking about and rumours were spreading quickly about Mr Malfoy interviening with Hagrid's teaching. Everyone also knew that Malfoy was a spoiled prick and that it definitely was his fault so the group wasn't too scared. 

The rest of the lesson was spent trying to open our textbooks and learning how to stroke a Hippogriff. By the end of the lesson Hagrid seemed at ease after Buck was loved by every pupil and we all left with a smile on our face (the textbooks were extremely tiring though I must admit). We headed back to the castle, me and Jake had a free period so we went off to the common room to complete our DADA essay.

"Werewolves?" Jake asked confused once we had settled down on the mustard coloured couch.

"Ye, why would Snape assign this bullshit?"

"I swear we learnt all this back in fourth year with Quirell, I mean he wasn't a good teacher but we still spent about three weeks on it. I would have guessed most of us had nailed the topic", Jake made a good point. 

"Your right. Anyway I doubt this will be on our N.E.W.T's. I can't stand having Snape for Potions and DADA" I moaned.

"It's quite odd isn't it that Lupin just disappears once a month and leaves Snape to do all his work. Maybe he has a secret mistress he visits" Jake joked but I couldn't help but wonder what was really going on. As much the Professor annoyed me I missed him when he had his monthly leave. Something was going on.