Should Be Me (8)

PHIL'S POINT OF VIEW XD

-/-

I watched as Dan and Louise quickly left the house holding the box I kept hidden in my room.

"Oh thank god they found it." I sighed in relief. I was saving the money to buy Dan a piano but I think he can use the keyboard a bit longer. I just need to get home to him.

They quickly hailed a taxi went to the bank. I looked at the countdown as they made there way there. 10 hours 8 minutes. I have to wait a whole 10 hours until I can talk to him again.. But they rate he's going he might just make it by the end of the first 24 hours. He didn't have to change the deal, but I'm glad he did. It gave me the chance to talk to him, to reassure him. And it helps to know that I won't die if he doesn't make it in 24 hours.

The taxi stopped at the bank and Dan and Louis quickly ran inside. I couldn't see what they were doing in there, the screen stayed focused on the doors. But I knew he deposited to money when the amount of money at the bottom of the screen changed from £3,651 to £509,691.

"Bloody hell, they're over halfway there." I thought aloud, smiling.

I looked down at my broken body. The gash was still bleeding, my leg hurt like hell, and the bruises looked really bad against my pale skin. But the pain didn't come close to the joy I was feeling knowing that I was £490,309 away from being free.

I looked back up at the screen and saw Dan and Louise leaving the bank, smiles on their faces.

"I might actually be able to get all that money," Dan said, having been doubting himself the whole time. He ran his hand through his hair and I saw a dinosaur bandage on his hand.

"I knew he liked them." I laughed lightly.

I watched the screen as the countdown hit 9 hours, 59 minutes.

9 hours.

59..

no, 58.

58 minutes..

I have to wait 9 hours and 58 minutes to talk to him again..

It hurts watching Louise comfort him, knowing that I couldn't.

I should be the one helping him.

I-I should.

I feel dizzy...

"Daniel.." my own voice barely audible over the ringing in my ears.

"Dan.." I couldn't see the screen anymore, my vision had gotten clouded with black spots.

"D-D....."

And then it all went black.