He's Mine (6)

Yay! Phil's point of view again! I added audio. Let me know if it works or not.

-/-

I held my hand over the deep gash on my stomach. Dan had said too much and they took a knife to my skin to make him pay for it.

I watched the screen as he and Louise left the bank. There was now something else on the screen. The live stream was still the main thing, the countdown was still at the bottom right corner. It now said 10 hours 30 minutes. But at the bottom left corner, it said '£3,651'. I assumed it was the amount of money Dan had collected so far.

I owe my sanity to the screen. I can keep watch over Dan, see how much longer until we can speak again, see the texts, and now see how much money he has collected. I know exactly what's going on, it makes it easier to just sit here and wait for Dan to save me. But Dan, he only knows what they let him know. He gets all his information through text messages. I get to see everything while he gets to go insane with worry. At least he has Louise with him now, he's not alone anymore.

When i think of it like that it seems worth it. Yes, I got hurt because he said to much but he needs help. He can't do it alone, he needs support. So this little cut and broken leg seem so minuscule compared to the mental pain Dan is enduring.

It's like they're trying to drive him mad. I'll heal with a little time in the hospital, but he's so sensitive. He might not get over it. Even when I go on holiday without him he won't leave my side for a few hours when I get home. He helps me unpack just as an excuse to stay with me. He's so scared of everything. His biggest fear, abandonment. That's why our roles were chosen this way, that's why I'm here and he's there. It causes more damage this way.

I swear when I get back to him I'll never leave him again. I don't want him to be scared anymore. He's so sweet and innocent. He's mine and I swear I'll never let him be scared again.

I won't let anyone hurt him again after this. And these people will pay for the pain they've already inflicted on poor Daniel. My dear Daniel, I will protect him from the evils of this world. He's still so young. I'll protect him, he's mine.

-/-

This chapter had less plot in it, sorry. It was supposed to give insight into the mindset of Dan and Phil. And crush your soul with feels. Tell me if it worked XD