broken hearts pt.4

I groaned.

'This is boring' I thought as I stared at the leather diary in front of me. I hadn't expected it to be this time-consuming. Aiden hadn't written anything particularly interesting, except for a few mentions of a girl called Ashley, who I totally wasn't jealous of. Aiden did end every page with the phrase ' I'll get through this.' which was super weird.

So far, He hadn't shown any remorse or regret about our previous relationship which was completely fine with me. It wasn't like we had been dating for 2 years. nOoOo..

Despite how boring this task was turning out to be, I still kept going. It wasn't like I had anything better to do, mom had gone on her usual trips, Sherrilyn, my babysitter, was busy watching Real Housewives of Atlanta, and also... I wanted to get an update on that Ashley girl.

I flipped to the next page and the page was .... cold. it was freezing. I could see little icicles forming on the edge of the page. I peeked a little closer at the binding and found that a few pages had been ripped out. Hmmm...

The word cursed in Sanskrit had been spelt out on the page over and over again. The ends of the letters spread out, forming a snowflake type pattern. It reminded me of the tattoo that had been burned into Aiden's arm. I frowned at the memory. Aiden wasn't the type of guy to get tattoos burned into his skin, and even if he did, why the word cursed? and in Sanskrit even? He could've done it to be quirky, but he wasn't the type of guy to do that. at all.

Could it actually be that Aiden was cursed? But if he was then by whom? it's definitely someone, or something related to the cold. and someone who definitely does not like Aiden. It could be Winter, but Aiden and Winter didn't even know each other well enough yet. and as far as I know, they don't seem to have a history of disputes either.

I racked my brain, searching for answers and then it hit me. What if it wasn't someone who hated Aiden...but someone who hated me?

I felt like my mind just exploded.

Everything came together. They would know how much it would hurt me if Aiden got hurt, or cursed. I banged the table in frustration. it couldn't have been more obvious!

I shook the diary, desperately searching for more clues. And lo and behold I found it... a leaf. but not just any kind of leaf, a leaf specifically found in the Otherworld woods, and it was famous for having a snowflake structure on the surface of the leaf.

Mini told me that.

I scooped up the diary and Vajra.

Aiden was in trouble...Hopefully, it wasn't too late.

∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾

The moment I stepped out of the portal I took off running. It probably looked weird to see an out of breath teenager running through the halls of the night bazaar in iron man pyjamas and slippers, but being weird was my thing.

I slowed down as I entered the woods, mainly because I didn't want to end up slipping and getting mud all over my face, but mostly to keep my pyjamas clean. When my last spiderman pyjamas had been incinerated, I was determined to keep these safe.

I continued trudging through the forest until I finally found what I was looking for. The snowflake leaves. I followed their trail to a clearing. My heart was hammering against my chest as I ran past and hid behind one of the many trees that bordered the clearing. I peeked from behind the tree, and my heart froze.

I saw him. Aiden. Flashbacks of the cursed day came rushing back to me. I felt like I couldn't breathe, my vision became foggy, the one line that had haunted my nightmares, 'He never loved you, He never loved you, He never loved you, He never--