chapter one

Here's a little about me. 

My name is Alexandra Rayne Montgomery. I'm eighteen years old. I live in Beverly Hills, California.  I have a best friend named Aubrey.

I have six older brothers. Vincenzo, Lorenzo, Domenico, Valentino, Sebastian, Giovanni. Vincenzo is twenty-four years old, Lorenzo is twenty-two, Domenico is twenty, and Valentino, Sebastian, Giovanni are nineteen.

My life is with pretty much all boys.

Now, you must be thinking. . .Alexandra Montgomery. Why does that name sound so familiar? I'm the daughter of Evan Montgomery. Ever heard of the Serpents? Yep, we are a maf. We are the most feared maf in the entire world. My father is the leader, of course.  I've been going through some depression. I've worked my way up, and I don't fear anything now.

~~~

I was at Lure Nightclub because I was bored, of course. You see, I am with Aubrey and her boyfriend, Jimmy. I don't like him. Why? Because he abuses her, and every day there's a new bruise, and sometimes I even have bruises too for standing up to her. Jimmy acts nice, but he's an abuser.

 Jimmy acts nice, but he's an abuser

"Come on." Aubrey dragged me to the dance floor. 

It's currently a Friday night, luckily. I'm the designated driver because I'm not looking forward to a killer hangover. They suck like shit.

Aubrey and I were dancing, feeling free. My mother is very chill and laid back. She doesn't care what I do, really. My brothers can be protective, but they're chill and laid back too. They know I can take care of myself. After all, I was second in command.

After about 25 minutes of dancing, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and faced Jimmy. Aubrey had stopped dancing too. Jimmy was staring at me with this look in his eyes, and I certainly wanted to pull his eyeballs out.

I leaned over to Aubrey casually. "Why is he staring at me like that?" I whispered.

Aubrey tensely shrugged. "I don't know, but it's like he's undressing you with his eyes," Aubrey whispered back to me. I held back a disgusted expression and shivered at the thought of it.

"Alexandra, can I talk to you?" Jimmy asked.

I looked at Aubrey, who was still stiff. "I'll be okay," I whispered to her. I looked at Jimmy and curtly nodded my head, signalling a yes. Jimmy smiled and started walking away, so I followed behind him. 

Jimmy had let me out the side exit.

"So. . ." Jimmy trailed off.

I rolled my eyes. "Man up. What do you want?" I snapped at him.

"You see, Aubrey is no fun whatsoever, so what about you?" I watched him lick his lips. This time, I didn't bother holding back my disgusted face. This idiot is as ugly as a damn blobfish. Plus, Aubrey is way out out of his league.

I scoffed and crossed my arms over my chest. "You're seriously trying to hit on me while you have a girlfriend?"

"Hey. . ." Jimmy shrugged his shoulders. "Aubrey doesn't have to know anything."

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "You really are a manwhore, aren't you? You've got like what. . .six girls pregnant already? I'm loyal as hell. You can beat me up for all I care. I mean. . .not like you haven't already." I shrugged. "If I ever get a boyfriend, I want real love, not fake, no secrets, being able to trust, and not wanting anything hidden from me. I certainly do not want you." I glared at him. If looks could kill, he'd be dead.

I think that made Jimmy pissed because he shoved me against the brick wall harshly. Do you know what he did? He slapped me, but I didn't flinch because I'm not weak. I stared at him with a look saying, "are you done yet?"  I most likely had a hand mark on my right cheek. I didn't care, though. I'd take a bullet for Aubrey for all I care. She'd do the same thing for me.

Before you know it, Jimmy was being ripped off of me. I had no idea what was happening or what was going on. It was all so sudden. Everything flashed before my eyes.