Prologue: Rift Gates.

"Mwah ha ha ha ha ha! Finally! I have you all where I want you Captain Qwark! I Dr. Nefarious, will finally destroy you!" Nefarious swooped down on Qwark. "Yargh!"

The action figure of Nefarious thumped the action figure of Qwark from the table and onto the floor of the room of the Great Clock. The place where Nefarious was called in by the Zoni to fix Clank. "Victory!" Nefarious yelled. But no one was around to see it. And Nefarious than sat back down on his seat with a shameful defeat.

"Meh. It's just not the same." He decided. But he was seriously hoping that he could unlock Clanks secrets to get into the Orvus Chamber. That was when the door opened to reveal Dr. Nefarious' robotic butler Lawrence.  

"Lawrence! Can't you tell I'm in the middle of something important here?!" Nefarious asked annoyed.

"What is it that you're working on, sir?" Lawrence asked.

"Okay, I'm not working on anything." Nefarious admitted. "But if I was... it would be something important." He looked around at nothing. 

"You mean other than getting the information from the Orvus Chamber out of Clank behind the Zoni's backs?" Lawrence asked.

"... Enough of that, Lawrence!" Nefarious snapped. "Don't you have a Rock Music band to attend to?"

"Oh, that flamed out years ago." Lawrence answered bitterly. "No one has the taste for Base Odyssey anymore."

"Of course it did." Nefarious mumbled not surprised.

"But nevermind that sir. I thought you might request some very interesting information. It would seem that the potential for a rift gate has opened." Lawrence reported.

Nefarious didn't seem to care. "And why should that matter to me?" He asked.

"Oh it shouldn't. But it might give us an opportunity to take over the Universe." Lawrence suggested.

"Eh, what have we got to lose?" Nefarious decided considering his schemes like this never worked out like he wanted them to. It was just going to be another long day.

Meanwhile enroute to the Breegus System.

"Space. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Captain Qwark and his ever faithful companion, Skrunch the Monkey. ...And Ratchet, he's here too."  Qwark narrated. 

Ratchet was piloting his Starship, Aphelion through the stars. And he had to contend with his frenemy Captain Qwark, now that Clank was well... gone. He groaned as Qwark continued to narrate their own adventures. "Hey Ratchet, can we stop at the nearest rest stop? I kind of have to go." Qwark asked.

"Qwark, you went to the bathroom, 30 minutes ago." Ratchet complained. "I told you not to get that grade A size combo at Galaxy Burger."

"It was the 5% discount." Qwark tried to justify.

Skrunch screeched out something.

"And it was also the monkey eats free night." Qwark added.

Ratchet rolled his eyes. So that's why Skrunch grabbed all the bags of chips off the rack. "Remind me to never invite you on these types of missions, again. Even if my life depended on it." He thought to himself. And then a bag popped open. 

"Aphelion, please tell me we're getting near." Ratchet begged.

Aphelion remained silent. Ratchet took that as a no. "Well that depends, do you want the rest stop or the Breegus System?" She asked.

"Whichever one is closer." Ratchet decided. If it was a rest stop, he was dumping Qwark on it. 

But then he saw a massive rift gate in the middle of their destination.