Chapter 7

My eyes snap open when I feel freezing water poured on me.

My vision is blurry as l try to take in my surroundings, I was seated in a chair, my arms and legs won't buge when I try to move.

"Uuuh Mr Reid you're finally up." A voice says.

My vision clearing I take in my situation, we were in a large empty space probably a warehouse, I was tied down to a chair that explains why I couldn't move and infront of me was a desk with a man swiveling in his chair.

He had a hard face with a scar on his brow he looked at me with a smile.

Growling I ask. "Where's Hailey."

"She's fine." He smiles. "Lets talk business first."

"What do you want."

"It has come to my notice that you Mr Reid are an important man and killing you would be a waste." He starts. "So I want us to make a deal."

"What deal?"

"Am glad you asked." He beams. "You give me money in exchange I let both of you go."

"How much do you want, huh?"

Chuckling he says. "I know you'll give me my money but lets make this a bit interesting, shall we."

Signalling his men they come to me, they move my chair to a direction where am facing something covered in a turp.

One of the men remove the turp and my eyes go wide, I start to fidget in the chair but its to no vail.

In front of me was Hailey in a glass tank. She was kneeling with her hands tied her eyes were puffy from crying too much.

Looking at me she bangs her hands on the glass screaming and I don't hear anything.

"Hailey!" I yell.

Laughing the guy in the chair says. "She can't hear you."

"You psycho.." I growl..

"I've been called worse." He shrugs. "Now back to business."

"How much do you want? I'll pay you anything."

"Now that's what I like to hear." He claps his hands. "So here's the fun part. You see that red button at the top of the tank..."

And that's when I notice it, the red button on top and some black tubes connected to the tank .

"You start mentioning bills and that button will turn green when you hit the right mark." He grins. "Oh forgot to mention the important part....those tubes will fill the tank with water and the slow you are at mentioning the right amount the tank will fill up and well precious cupcake in their might just......drown....and die."

"You fucking bastard!..." Seething I lunge myself forward just to end up falling face first on the floor.

The guard pulls my chair back up.

"You can't do reckless things until you give me my money Mr Reid."

"Lets get this over with." I snarl.

Beaming he claps. "Perfect."

"Now we begin." He hits a button and water starts filling in the tank at a fast pace.

Panicking in the tank Hailey stands up, eyes wide as she looks me.

Me.

The only person who can help her. She was relying on me to do something if not she was going to lose her life.