Chapter 40- Infirmary.

Start from the beginning

" I wanna sit up." He requests politely and she helps him up and props his pillows up so he could be in a sitting position, then he begins to whimper.

" I think I prefer lying down." He says and Ciarra glares at him pointedly.

She begrudgingly helped him down but before she could even finish, he gives her his best puppy dog face and starts, " Can I have some water please..."

She gives him a disbelieving look before obliging and fetching for his water bottle from his backpack.

" Who washes your stuff for you?" She asks out of curiosity.

" Zaron washes my bottle and plate, Samed washed my clothes and brought me new ones and Lejandro helped me shower this morning."

" You are so fortunate you have such great friends."

She stepped out and came back with a bottle full and handed it to him.

" Straw please, there is one at the side  of my backpack." He pleads and she reluctantly searches for it and slipping one into his water bottle.

" I can't hold it."He goes on.

She took it from him, and put the straw in his mouth. He only sucked on it for like three seconds and stopped.

" That's it?" Ciarra wonders, " You've got to be kidding me!"

He looks up at her with innocent eyes.

" What did I miss in class today?"

" Nothing much except for the fact that you would have been caned by Sir Francis." She discloses.

" Oh yeah, my physics test. I'm going to retake it as soon as I get out of here." He assures her then pauses before looking at her with a pleading look.

" I don't like that look, what do you want?" She groans.

" I have to pee."At the mention of the last word Ciarra throws her hand to her forehead in dismay, " Asap."

" How do you pee, are you wearing adult diapers?"

" No, because of the tubes, the nurse has to help me up to the bathroom, then bring me back." He says pointing his head in the direction of a door right opposite his bed.

Ciarra slowly shifts the IV stand and took the nasal cannula out if his nose  before helping him up and man, he was heavy.

" Why are none of the boys here for this?"

" Coach called them for after school practice." He replies slightly out of breath since his source of oxygen was lying in his bed. She helped him get to the bathroom and stepped out to the doorway to wait for him.

" I would be enjoying my stay here if not for the fact that I feel like I am carrying twenty elephants on my head." He says as his voice echoes from the bathroom. He turned to the faucet and washed his hands before she helped him back and he put on his nasal cannula.

That was when she heard the knock on the door. She left to check it out. The pantry ladies had brought his dinner.

As soon as she closed the door she heard him call out to her, " I'm hungry."

She rolled her eyes and walked back in.

" Hope you love rice balls with palmnut soup." She teases as she sets the little basket down.

It was very frustrating to feed Kobby because he could keep one spoon of food in his mouth for over three minutes. And worst part was that he couldn't finish the food itself so she had to eat the rest for him. She left him after she had helped him get into the bathroom to brush his teeth so she could send the basket of pantry bowls back to the dining hall.