Chapter ♞ 24: H, K, and N

Start from the beginning

Maybe... you were overreacting and creating unneeded and unwanted scenarios in your head.

"He looks normal to me," You mumbled. But even you couldn't deny the sense of relief you were starting to succumb to at the idea of not having to confront the eldest twin.

For the first time, Kyoya did something unexpected. He closed he laptop shut and looked you directly in the eye. His grey orbs shot through your E/C ones and you could feel yourself freezing from the inside out.

"If that is the normal Hikaru to you, maybe you never knew him at all."

Your head shot down as you started to shuffle on your feet from his intense stare. You were afraid to look up across the room where the twins stood, in fear that they may be looking... because you thought that if you held Hikaru gaze for no longer than a glimpse that you may actually see past the happy facade he had been putting on.

And you were nowhere ready to face the truth waiting for you.

~

That it's, You mentally noted as you grabbed the binder for your final class, Biology. As soon as your locker was closed, you were greeted with a distant face. There was Nao staring at you with his warm chocolate brown eyes, leaning his fit body on the lockers. He had to slightly lower himself at angle, just so he could be your height.

"Hey stranger." He greeted with a smile.

You were rendered a bit speechless, since you made it a priority to avoid him. Ever since Hikaru pelted him with ketchup, and soft drinks and Kaoru kissed you in front of him, you knew it would be difficult to speak to him properly.

Well, things would no longer be normal between the two of you.

But you'd eventually had to come to terms with the past, why not now?

"Hi stranger." You offered a strained smile, but maintained composure. He only gave you a deep and throaty chuckled before he moved his hands over his bangs, and removed them from covering his eyes.

Something he only did when he wanted to truly focus on what was in front of him.

"You know, for a second I thought he was your brother. The guy that poured various substances on me... I mean you even ignored my texts and calls and letters I sent-"

"You sent me letters?" You  nearly choked on his words.

"Kidding." He smiled. "But then I saw him kiss you in at some cafe... and I figured on my own that siblings don't french kiss in the middle of public."

Straight-forward.

"That wasn't the same guy, but that isn't important."

"What do you mean it isn't important?" Nao narrowed his eyes at you. Even though he was usually friendly and would rarely be seen with a frown, he did have a frustrated side.

It was something you'd witness today.

"Y/N I got attacked by food for you, I couldn't get the stench of ketchup out of my hair for a few hours! Then when  I do find you to confront you for ignoring my calls I catch you snogging another guy. I didn't expect you to be so promiscuous."

That was not a word he should have used.

"Look here blondie," like that was even an insult, "he kissed me. And I don't even know why the other one attacked you, a-and I didn't respond to your stupid messages because I didn't know what to say to you. I don't even know what's going on, myself! So I'm sorry that a stupid processed vegetable liquid touched you and your stupid lucious hair, and I'm sorry you care so much!"

A moment of silence passed by both of your ears as the halls finally cleared out, and the bell for the last period to begin, rang.

Nao cracked first, as the corner of his lips twitched into an uncanny smile. "Stupid, lucious hair?"

"I was going to insult your eyebrows, but I that that's a touchy subject for you," You smiled back at him.

"Y/N, I only worry because I care. And I know you aren't promiscious, of that makes you feel better."

"Not really," you joked. But it did make you feel slightly better, even if it was for a bare moment.

Now you'd have to face both of the twins during for a whole two hours for the next period, and get more things of your just. A tiny comment from Nao wouldn't suffice for the amount of actual carong words you'd need to make it through that class in one emotional piece.

A/N

this is probably a trainwreck but i did my absolute best.

My laptop and my phone were broken so i couldn't type on anything properly. (laptop is still broken).

THANK YOU FOR 700 FOLLOWERS AND I ALMOST HAVE 800 ALREADY WTF YOU GUYS R... my life. *cough cough*

Vote Goal: Whatever Floats Yer Boat (Jk, 80)

Next chaper has a failed chemistry experiment and some of your dress may or may not burn off.