Chapter 57: The Bonds We Make

Start from the beginning

"Oi! I get that yer all excited to be in Kyushu, but we needa hurry up and drop our luggage off so we can get some practise in before the sun goes down!"

"We don't have much time left." Coach Oomi continues. "So we should head off as soon as possible-"

"RACE YA!" Atsumu yells suddenly, causing everyone to flinch as he and Osamu race each other to their accommodation, leaving everyone behind.

Y/N sighs and facepalms at their childishness, already knowing that this summer training camp will be a long one, just like all the others.

"...They didn't take their luggage." Ginjima deadpans as Y/N facepalms again for dramatic effect. "What are we gonna do?"

"Let's sell it." Y/N and Suna say simultaneously, turning to each other and giving each other thumbs up.

"...Or, we could bring it for them?" Ginjima suggests as Y/N and Suna shrug in disinterest.

"Who's we?" Suna asks boredly.

"Not me." Y/N responds.

"Uhh, by the way." Kagawa interjects as they look at her. "...Do the twins even know where we're meant to go?"

No one says anything as they stare at Kagawa, the reality of the situation dawning on them as they realise that the twins, indeed, do not.

"Oh well, they're dead." Suna shrugs nonchalantly as he starts picking at his nails.

"Yeah, should we call their parents?" Y/N asks.

"Sure, we should send them flowers as well in congratulations for freedom!" Suna chuckles to himself as he smirks. "I'm sure it'll make their day~"

"Ohh that's a good idea." Y/N nods along, ignoring the stares of disbelief from the rest of her teammates. "We should send them a big bouquet!"

"Where are we going to get the money from though?" Suna wonders aloud.

"Why else did they leave their luggage here for us to sell?"

"I feel like I should be referring you both to the school counsellor purely just because of this conversation." Coach Kurosu deadpans as they smile innocently at him. "Don't give me that!"

"In any case, we should probably try to look for them or get in contact with them." Coach Oomi says as he sighs tiredly. "They probably have their phones on them, can any of you guys give them a call?"

"Nope, I totally don't have either of their numbers." Suna says as Y/N nods.

"Wow what a coincidence, same."

Ginjima rolls his eyes at this as he takes out his phone. "I have their numbers, I'll call Osamu."

"Gin! Why??"

"How couldja betray us like that??"

Ginjima ignores their dramatic gasps as he opens his contacts to get Osamu's number. Just as he presses the call button and the phone starts ringing, Riseki hesitantly raises his hand as he smiles sheepishly.

"Um, I didn't wanna say this before coz you were all talkin' but..." Riseki takes a nervous breath as he smiles. "Takahama ran off with them."

"HIM TOO?!"

"Wow, that tall child is gonna die." Y/N deadpans as Kagawa laughs. "Why must we have such childishness on our team..."

"Aww don't say stuff like that!" Kagawa chuckles as she smiles. "Even if it's a lot of work, I'll miss all this when club is over."