chapter 9: anger

chapter 9:
anger

"Another successful day at the Baratie." Luffy smiled.

They've been getting customers the past week, the lineup to their bakery has been intense. Sanji and Luffy have been staying up a lot making more sweets since everyone seems to love them. It's been so hectic and hard to keep up with it but at least they're making money. They're even considering renovating the place for more space since there are so many people.

"Alright, I'm gonna go to my locker. I'll see you after school." Sanji waved Luffy goodbye.

"See ya!" Luffy ran off.

Sanji saw Zoro walking down the hallway. He felt a little confident today, maybe teasing would be fun. After all, they did win their customers back. Their bakery is back on top, while SMILE is back at the bottom.

He walked up to Zoro, "I bet you heard all about our customers in our bakery."

Zoro glared at him, "Don't act so cocky, we can easily steal your customers back. It's not like your even that good at baking."

A wave of frustration and anger hit Sanji. He felt his blood boiling. He clenched his fists and gritted his teeth. How can he say something like that?! Sanji is a great baker! He can bake! What does this moss head know?!

"Alright, we'll see who's the better baker." Sanji sneered at him.

"How?" Zoro smirked.

"Me and you, we'll do a bake-off at the festival that's in a few weeks. I'll beat your ass..." Sanji put his foot down.

Zoro chuckled, "We'll see about that..."

He walked past Sanji and left. Suddenly that anger turned into fear. What the hell did he just do?! A fucking bake-off?! Is he out of his mind?! He swallowed down the lump of panic in this throat and shook his hands. Trying to get these jitters out of his body.

Whoever wins this bakery will probably get all the customers. This bake-off will finally decide who has the better bakery! This is insane! If Baratie wins then SMILE will finally go out of business and they'll move to a different location.

But if Baratie loses then they'll go out of business!

What has he done?! Just because he couldn't control his god damn anger issues they might go out of business. Fuck it all, Sanji shut his locker and stormed off. He can't lose this bake-off to save the Baratie.

He's going to have to work extra hard to win.

***

Luffy sighed as he walked to his class. At least the Baratie is going well, that's something he should be happy about. Law, he kept popping up from time to time in Luffy's head. He slapped himself, he shouldn't be thinking about him anymore. Sanji told him to move on, he should try.

As Luffy turned to the corner he yelped and hid behind the wall. He saw Law and he was with Robin. They were together. Luffy's eyes began to tear up as he peeked. He saw Law lean in close to Robin as they kissed. A burning pain erupted in Luffy's chest as his stomach twisted.

But then Law looked over at Luffy, with his glowing golden eyes. He knew Luffy was watching but he continued to kiss her, right in front of him.