Chapter 15: Lab

Word count: 724

Izuku's POV

Where am I?

Izuku tried to open his eyes, but something heavy and dense was covering his face. There were restraints on his arms, legs, and waist. Izuku's heart sped up in panic.

"He's awake." Izuku could hear small murmurs following the statement.

A needle stuck into his arm, and everything fell apart again.

When Izuku came too, he wasn't restrained anymore. He wiggled his fingers in front of his face and carefully stood up.

As Izuku got used to feeling his body again, he scanned the room he was in. White walls, floor, ceiling, a big circular table sat in the center, and what seemed like empty book shelves on one wall.

Why am I here? What is this place?

Izuku walked over to the table and sat in a cushion he found underneath. The table was smooth and warm. Izuku then noticed a small meal prepared in the middle of the table along with a glass of water.

Plain.

Izuku woke up again. Wasn't I awake earlier? Izuku shook his head to clear away the confusing thoughts.

"Ouch." Izuku felt a prick on his arm. He looked down. How odd. There was a tiny hole, barely visible, but was becoming more so because of the red starting to deep out.

A person in white came and hurriedly stuck a circular thing on top of the red.

"Who are you?" Izuku asked. He saw that a mask was covering half of the persons face. "What am I doing here? What is this place?"

"You are very special. That's why your here. A special place for someone special." A not unkind voice answered Izuku. It was not from the person who stuck the circular thing on his arm. Izuku turned around. Another person was there, with no mask.

"I'm special?" Izuku's eyes lit up.

"Of course!" The man smiled kindly. "I would like to introduce you. My daughter, Eri."

A small girl stepped out from behind the man. She had long white hair, red eyes, and most peculiar, a small horn stuck out from the left side of her forehead. She wore all white like the man.

"Izuku!" She said, surprised. Her eyes widened and started sparkling.

"I'm Izuku? Is that my name?" Izuku pointed to himself halfheartedly.

"Yes!" Eri seemed confused. "Do you remember?"

Izuku shook his head and curled up. "Am I supposed to?"

"No, it's okay!" Eri sat down next to Izuku. "It's been a long time since I got to talk to anyone."

??? POV

He smiled. "They seem to be having fun."

"Sir, full memory erase, successful. However, there might be some snippets of his memory left." His earpiece chimed.

"Not a problem." He walked towards the hidden door and waved his wristband in front of a hidden sensor. The door slid open. He stepped into a large hallway.

"It seems taking Eri hostage was unneeded." He muttered. I thought the memory erase would result in failure. After all, there's only a 15% chance it'll be successful without permanent brain damage.

Eri's POV

Eri enjoyed talking to Izuku again. She didn't see him anymore for some reason.

"Where did you go?" Eri asked.

"I don't know." Izuku shrugs. "Are you special too?"

"I think so." Eri shrugs too.

"Then we can be special together!" Izuku smiles.

"Papa was right." Eri muttered.

"Huh?" Izuku stopped smiling and looked at her, confused.

"The people outside are bad! They made you forget everything!" Eri started crying.

"Hey! Are you okay?" Izuku reaches out a hand hesitantly, unsure of what to do.

"It's okay! I'll help you remember everything again!" Eri says, a determined look in her eyes.

"Really? Thanks!" Izuku smiles again.

Inko's POV

Inko leaned against the hidden door. Her status wasn't high enough to go inside, but she could at least somewhat be close to 259.

Why is he making me feel this way. Inko clutched her chest, close to her heart. It was a deep longing, like something missing was found again.

Inko saw 259 occasionally, only glimpses of the green hair that was so similar to hers.

No. Inko shook her head. I must put this behind me. I have more important things to do. She finally pushed herself off the wall. Ignore this feeling. She snapped on her gloves and went back to her private lab.