Chapter 13: In Which Problems Arise

Word count: 554

Izuku's POV

Izuku pushed up his pillows against the back of the bed and leaned back on them, curling up his legs and hugging them tightly.

Should I tell them? Or not? Izuku debated back and forth between the options. Telling them seemed great at first, but his brain would always remind him of the pain he endured back at the lab.

The blinding whiteness from...the lights? Or something else? And then an excruciatingly painful needle like pain all over his body. But he can't feel anything, much less move or scream.

Izuku shook his head, trying to forget. But, a shadow draped over his mind.

Do you want to go back? No? Then stay quiet. Remember, anyone can act.

"Izuku," Nezu entered the infirmary and sat down next to Izuku with a serious looking expression. "Can...we please talk?"

"What is it about?" Izuku stretched out his legs again and put his hands on top of the sheet. I think I already know where this is going...

Aizawa also came in and sat down which surprised Izuku. He knew Aizawa was busy with his classes.

"Can you please tell us more about where you came from?" Nezu said in a gentle and quiet voice.

Izuku's breathing hitched. What if...I...I can't tell them...

"I...I don't remember." Izuku lied while trying to keep his features remain neutral and confused. Izuku knew of course that they could see through him, but he hoped that they wouldn't push on.

Aizawa sighed. "It's okay Izuku. Please tell us when you remember."

And with that, they finally left the infirmary.

I feel something...warm? Izuku touched his face and realized tears were streaming down his face. He tried to kept his sniffles to a minimum, but it only made him cry harder.

Aizawa's POV

After Aizawa and Nezu left the infirmary, a quiet sniffle stopped him. It was low and quiet at first, but evolved into heaving breaths and crying.

"Izuku..." Aizawa muttered and clenched his fists. "I swear. I will end the White Ravens."

Nezu's POV

Nezu walked out of the infirmary, slightly defeated. He knew Izuku wouldn't tell them anything, but it made him feel worse when it was confirmed.

At least get a private file started for Izuku. Nezu sighed. Trust is crucial here. I think it's best if we keep it private until we find out the truth.

Nezu slowly started typing the file, filled it with what little information he knew about Izuku, and made sure to put high security to protect the file. He confirmed the file, and stepped away from his computer...

??? POV

"Sir, we found the location of #259." An eager voice said after a man in a lab coat ran into his office.

He grinned.

"Excellent. Hold my daughter hostage to make him cooperate." He twisted his ring.

"But sir, she's your daughter..." the man in the lab coat said, less eager than before. "Are you sure about this?"

"Who's in control here?" His voice grew cold.

The man in the lab coat scurried away.

"Inko," he turned to a woman with green hair standing still in the corner. "Please retrieve the target."

"Of course." Inko replied, eyes devoid of emotion. "Immediately?"

"That would be wonderful."