I casually rushed to close the bathroom door. I was definitely caught checking out my fiancé's daughter.

No, I was just checking out her tattoo- that was on her body...

"Lillian, the tattoo is on her body. You were so checking her out," I mumbled to myself as I continue beat myself up and run the hot water.

"Okay, I was innocently admiring her features. There. I wasn't looking at her boobs or anything. I was just admiring her skin complexion, her hair and her tattoo. That's all. A tattoo that I strongly believe Kent has no clue Stefani has...." I found some wiggle room and relaxed my tensed shoulders into the water pressure.

I honestly thought double exfoliating would help me wash these thoughts out my head in literal terms, but that only went so far.

I put on a white tank top with some denim 'mom jeans' and put on a comfy pair of black socks. My hair wasn't dripping wet but it was damp.

"Shit, I need to make her something to eat." I cursed under my breath and decided to rush towards the kitchen contemplating what I might fix.

My thoughts became blank as I saw Stefani causally sitting on the marble counter tops with a green concoction that she happily sipped from a mason jar. To make me even more speechless, she hops off the counter with a small glass of whatever she fixed and hands it to me.

"I'm not that hungry. Here, I think you'd like it," she leaves me alone in the kitchen. There was no tone in her voice, it wasn't gloomy, irritated, excited, or anything. It was just plain. There was nothing.

I waited until she went down the hall and did my inspection of her green mysterious beverage. I could smell fruit from whatever blend she created and I looked at the ingredients that were together in one small section of the fridge..

I took a sip and I tasted a blend of mango, pineapples, avacado, baby spinach and- this is really good.

Thoughtfully, I finished the small serving that was given to me. I was actually full from all the things I ate this morning and decided to watch tv in the living room. I'm actually intimidated to talk to Stefani on a more personal level. She can be confusing and hard to read at times..

She's just hard to read altogether.

I bounced to my feet as the doorbell goes off and I made my way over to the door.

"Good morning Ms. Lillian," Rachel chirps. She looked pretty casual today; messy bun, grey T-shirt, ripped skinny jeans, sperry's and mini leather backpack.

"Isn't it a little early to hang out?" I checked the time on my watch and she giggles.

"Not really, stores are about to open up and Stef's an early bird because it'll be easier for us to see what's in season without going through long lines in the dressing rooms.... Hey, now that I think about it, would you-"

"She's busy getting acquainted with the pent house. Some other time," Rachel gets cut off by a familiar emotionless voice.

"What? You drive a two seater anyways," Stefani shrugs as she grabs her keys to the house as she adjusts her braids from her shirt-

"How's this?" Stefani did a small twirl in front of Rachel and I couldn't help myself but check her out as well.. again...

A black and white checkered tube top that had 'thrasher' stitched into it hugged her body snuggly and- a belly button piercing?!

She had black skinny ripped jeans and a pair of matching checkered vans that had flames painted on them fairly well. Her belt was a silver chain and her waist was curvier than I had imagi-

"Stef, could you help me with my wardrobe?!" Rachel gushes over her.

"You think we should stop by your place first? I mean it shouldn't take me that long to see what we're working with since you actually have an aesthetic for me to go off on, and then add more and remove a few things when we go shopping. I could use your opinion on lounge clothes and pj's now that I'm no longer home alone and can't be nak- ahem," Stefani cuts herself short and catches herself to clear her throat before facing me.

"I'll be back before eleven. If I show up by twelve, we got smoothies, so you don't have to fix a heavy lunch for me- I don't know. Do you. My number is on the counter, if you need me and Rachel to run to the store, don't wait up. Am I missing anything else?" Stefani finishes putting in her hoops and a snake ring set on her left hand.

Honestly, she's nailed my main concerns. I just- I don't know. The way she talked about her knowledge with feminists the other night obviously tells me she's smarter than she is pushy. But the clothes... she's young. Let her wear them. I remembered what she wore at the lunch the first time we met, it was dress casual. So I know she knows how to dress appropriately for the occasion. She's just out with a friend today. And it's too early for anything scandalous- not assume she's a bad kid!

"Um- Lillian?" My name is like honey from her voice.

"Oh- Thank you, I'll check in with you later- be safe," I blurted out at the end and I was the only one over reacting because she still had that emotionless look on her face as she left.

I took a heavy sigh as I rested my back against the door. I imagined things would be smoother with Kent's daughter but compared to the lunch date at the boat... this is smoother in an odd way. At least she's not wreaking havoc or anything. She just gets under my skin in a certain way that intimidates me.

<><><><>

AN: I actually might end up liking the way I'm writing this book way more than I intended to.