𝟕𝟓| One Day

Start from the beginning

"Again, you're acting like I give a shit." Sasuke said wryly. "I already have my eyes set on what I want and I'll make sure no one gets in my way of doing so. Not even you."

"A fool." He spat. "That's what you are. You think you can get your way? Without me, you won't have a chance of ever being normal again. Why do you think I'm here even talking to you?"

"I'm not forcing you to be here." The Uchiha sneered. "I don't owe you anything."

"You're incorrect, you owe me everything." Orochimaru smirked, leaning his chin against his hand. "The curse mark on your shoulder serves a purpose, one in which bounds you to me. I gave you power Sasuke, power to have control over your life and the power to break free from the chains put on you. You don't want to admit it... but you're indebted to me. And when you realise that, I'll be waiting for your payment."

Sasuke chuckled humourlessly. "You'll be waiting a long time."

He stood up, deciding that he had enough of being in Orochimaru's presence and concentrated on trying to wake up. He felt impatient, he couldn't be here anymore, he couldn't be here knowing that there was someone who needed him. It didn't even occur to him the damage he already caused or the severe repercussions his future actions may have. He was selfish. He selfishly wanted freedom and he will get it despite the cost.

"Where are you going?" Orochimaru asked.

"Away from you." Sasuke muttered. "I have to leave this place, there's something I need to do."

His lips curled down in distaste as he stated. "You want to see her."

"It's not your business."

"Oh, but it is." Orochimaru smiled deviously. "Why see the girl when you are only putting her in more danger? You can easily be controlled and kill her in the blink of an eye—"

"I know that." He intervened coldly.

Orochimaru stared at him analytically. "You have taken a liking to her."

Sasuke froze.

His head snapped towards him. "No, I haven't."

"You can't lie to me." He sneered. "After all, I am the master of deceivers and have been alive long enough to spot an idiot when I see one. Only fools fall in love in a world like this, a world where human kind is fragile and can easily shatter into pieces. A world where survival isn't guaranteed and the people you love could die at any second. It's why I chose to venture down a path that success is an outcome and not a possibility."

Sasuke stared at the ground, breathing heavily. His bruised fingers then coil into a fist.

"I guess that makes me a fool."

"She thinks too highly of herself to hang out with us. But it wouldn't make much of a difference if she was there or not. She's barely noticeable."

Sasuke was breathing frantically. Running through the Village, he ignored the stinging pain in his muscles, the healing cuts on his body that were burning as the wind pressed against his skin, his eyes drooping from fatigue and exhaustion: but he didn't care. He didn't seem to care about many things anymore, not when he had more important things to worry about.