21. Legendary date

Miliano POV

"Can you read it one more time?" Kian asks me, still confused over the note on our door.

"Sure...

Dear Miliano, and Kian, you are with this call to attend one of the possibly most important meetings in our shared history. I would like you to follow a certain dress code, which means that a suit is required. You will hopefully experience one of the happiest days of your lives. Be sure to be ready for departure at half-past seven and wait for more instructions. Sincerely,

unknown."

"Who the hell is this?! Is it one of the alphas or what?" Kian exclaims, frustrated.

I sit quietly, full of my thoughts. Who can it be? It must be significant if the person includes a dress code in the invitation. Is there an event we missed? I have no idea!

"I'm calling the betas; they must know what this is about," Kian says, and I see him mindlink both Henry and Killian.

When he finish, we just sit quietly, waiting for our betas to appear. In the meantime, I send a message to Aleida and ask her if she's okay. Since we haven't marked her yet, we can't use the mindlink with her. The only reason I could do it at all when she was so far away from me was because the elderly gave me the power, and it was a painful experience.

She answers after a little while and says that everything is fine. I look up when the door opens, and our betas walk into the house.

"You called?" Killian says.

"What do you know about this?" Kian asks before handing over the letter to Killian and Henry.

They skim through the text quickly and then look up at us. We patiently wait for our betas to start talking. They squirm under our gazes but don't say a word; this just makes me and my brother standing there dumbfounded. We're their alphas; they should tell us everything they know immediately.

"So, what do you know about this?" I ask.

"The only thing we can tell you is that there's no need to worry and be ready on time," Henry answers.

"What? We're your alphas; we deserve to know!" Kian exclaims in frustration.

"Yeah, what is this bullshit suddenly! Don't make us command you!" I exclaim with the same frustration my brother feels, although they gulp, they still don't say a word.

"Answer the damn question!" we both yell at the same time.

It hurts them not to obey, I can see it in their faces, but they just can't. They look confused over the fact also.

"What? You really can't tell us?"

"No, we can't," Killian answers me.

"Look, just go with the flow, okay? There's no danger or anything, just do what the goddamn letter says," Henry says while he's looking annoyed, and with that, they walk out the door.

"What the hell is going on?! Now our betas don't obey orders? It's physically impossible for a werewolf not to obey orders if you're not an alpha yourself. And no one of those two are alphas. I'm beginning to get really fucking mad about this!" Kian yells and smashes a table lamp into the wall.

"Hey, hey, hey. Calm down, man! Geez... Let's just do what the note says, and we'll see what happens."

I know how Kian's mood works; he hates not having control, and when he can't do anything about it, he gets pissed. His wolf, Jax, has a hot temper, which only pours gasoline on the fire. How the goddess can think it's a good idea to pair the two, is to me, a mystery. We both walk up the stairs and into our rooms to prepare ourselves for wherever we're going.