1. A slave should know her place

"Aleida!" I jolt awake from the scream, rub my eyes and look outside the small window; it's dark. "Get up now if you know what's best for you!"

I slowly rise from the bed and rub my tired eyes. My dirty jeans and sweatshirt lies on the floor. I quickly pick them up and dress myself as fast as I can. Even though I know it's no use, they are going to scream at me anyway. It never matters if I'm up in time or not; nothing I do is ever enough. I know that now.

Once upon a time, I may have thought that, which was stupid, because these people are not gentle or friendly. Since I was a little pup, I have lived through hell on earth; I have taken every beating and bullying without so much as a scream.

"Now, Aleida!"

I'm always screamed at, no matter what I do, this is just the beginning of every day; I'm used to it. Even though I know I shouldn't be, it is what it is. I begin to cook breakfast for my pack. Others see and acknowledge our crew for its strong connection between the members within it.

I belong to the Rose moon pack, which is one of the smaller packs in town. My father was the alpha before he died, which means that I have alpha blood in my veins. No one cared about that when he died, even though they had promised him to help me become a good alpha for the pack, which is rightfully mine.

They betrayed him the second he died. Since that day, my rank is omega, which means that I'm like a slave to the pack. The other omegas work like housekeepers, and that's how it should be, but not for me; I'm the slave. If someone gets mad and needs to release some rage, I'm the one who takes the beating.

"Come on, you dirty bastard!" shouts a voice from the dining room.

I hasten to finish the pancakes and begin to serve. First of all, it is the alpha who shall have food first, then the luna; after that, I can help the others. I do it quickly and correctly; despite this, I get angry glances. Some mutters that it takes a long time while others just growl low at me.

I'm used to being poorly treated, but when I hear the parents tell their children to treat me this way, it actually hurts my heart. The children have no reason whatsoever to participate in the way the others treats me. Why can't they just leave the kids alone? Why do they teach their children to be evil to others?

I have never misbehaved, even though I have had every reason in the world to do so. I had accepted that I wouldn't be an alpha when my father died. I can take that they beat me and yell at me, but I can't endure when they force innocent people to participate in my daily torture.

When I serve Patricia, who, incidentally, is my greatest enemy, she begins to growl at me and whisper that I should hurry. Then I make one of the stupidest mistakes in my life, I growl back. It sounds ridiculous because my wolf has not turned out yet; I am seventeen years old and is still without.

I have talked to some of the elders who don't hate me as much as the others do. They told me that it might be because I haven't achieved my full potential yet or that I need to force it out with a strong feeling. However, which of the options it is, they can't answer. Nor what emotion I should try to use.

The alpha's gaze lands on me with a look of anger, he is angry about what I did, and even if I know he won't do anything to me, I'll have to pay for the mistake I have just made. Since they classify me as an omega, I have no privileges whatsoever, above all, not to contradict the orders I receive or growl at the other members.

"You, Aleida! This afternoon there'll be four hours of extra training for you with the warriors. You're going to fight Sam and Thomas. That will teach you not to growl at those above you!" He spit out angrily.