13. Leave them behind or go back to where I belong?

Aleida's POV

MATURE CONTENT BE AWARE!

I take my time to shower; after everything that's happened recently, I'm not going to be ashamed that I'm indulging in this. The water flows down my body, and I can do nothing but enjoy it. I don't know if it's the heat in the shower or yesterday's events that makes me think, no matter what, it begins getting hot in here!

My thoughts slip away to Miliano, how his well-sculpted body lies over me and trails his hands over my body, his warmth and closeness that makes me ask for release. My fluids flow down my legs even faster than before. I bite my lip and think about whether to...

Someone clears their throat outside the shower, and I turn around quickly. Miliano stands there, watching me with a grin over his features; I look away from the embarrassment.

"What-what are you doing here?" I ask, without meeting his gaze, and he begins to laugh.

"I can feel your arousal all the way down to my office," he answers, and my shame keeps me from looking at him. "What were you thinking? It must have been very dirty to get you this wet".

When I stretch my hand through the misty shower door, he hands me a towel. I quickly wrap the big towel around me before I walk out. He looks damn happy with himself; he knows I'm embarrassed, that's probably why he does it.

I ignore him and walk out of the bathroom while Miliano slowly follows behind, and his gaze seems to have stuck on my smooth legs.

"What are you doing up here anyway?" I ask without looking at him.

"As I said, your scent spread all the way down to my office."

"Hardly likely; I don't have such a strong scent."

"Believe me, you have. Even Killian can feel your scent; all werewolves here who don't have a mate can sense your excitement, which annoys me. That's why I'm here to make sure no one does anything to you."

"But why would they do that?"

"You aren't marked yet, and we haven't completed the mating ritual; when they feel that you're excited, their wolves take over, and it doesn't matter what you say. They won't be able to restrain themselves".

I turn around, now fully dressed. Miliano stands with his arms crossed, leaning against the door frame.

"So you don't think I can defend myself?" I ask and raise one eyebrow.

"I don't know what I think because I've only seen you defend yourself when you couldn't do it properly. That's why you should get to practice with the pack today, and we'll see what you can do".

"Okay, let's go!"

"No, you, it's time for you to eat something. You've barely had any food since you got here".

I'm about to make him shut up when he gives me a warning look, and I close my mouth, following him down the stairs. We walk next to each other and talk all the way to the kitchen. Killian and my brothers are already sitting at the table when we get in.

Everyone says hello to each other, but not much more, and we've just woken up; it's not at all surprising that we may want to have some peace. We sit there talking when a busty girl with obviously dyed blond hair walks in. She gives me a snide look before stepping up to Miliano.

"Hey baby, I missed you. Where have you been?" the fake barbie asks with a voice that's probably supposed to be sexy, but instead, she sounds like she's choking.

She sits on his lap, and I growl low to her, but she just ignores me. Miliano looks like he doesn't know what to do; he's completely frozen. When she kisses him on his neck, I fly up from my chair. I grab her neck so fast that the whole table moves and pushes her up against the wall. She's struggling to get air. I stare her right into her eyes with fury when I say;