Chapter 24

(Teddy's Dad's POV)

All my life Teddy has been my little boy. He's my youngest kid. The baby of the family. He had always been more sensitive than most boys his age, and it didn't really come as a shock to me that he was gay. I found nothing wrong with it. It didn't make him any less normal.

And I knew that although I felt that way about his sexuality, there would be people in the world who would hate him for it. Which is why I vowed to myself to always make sure that he felt accepted by me. I always tried to build him up on a firm basis of self confidence and love.

When I was first introduced to Damien over FaceTime, it came as a shock. Teddy had never been in a relationship before, so I was surprised by ow quickly it happened in college. I wasn't mad about it though. Teddy deserves someone who he can be happy with. I raised the boy on good morals and beliefs. I trust him to make the choices that are best for him.

My wife and I don't see eye to eye on their relationship, it frankly, it's neither of our business what Teddy does with his love life. He's an adult.

She's constantly making snarky comments here and there about how 'irresponsible' and 'whorish' their whole relationship is, and it breaks my heart just thinking about Teddy's face when she first said that to him. The image comes to my head every time she comments on it.

Part of being a parent is supporting your kids choices, which I fully intend to do.

So here i am, sitting in front of my computer screen on FaceTime with the young couple. It warms my heart to see Teddy so happy. It's easy to tell that Damien cares a lot for the boy. You can see it in the small gestures, and in his smiles. I'm glad Teddy found someone like him.

My first reaction to Damien was thinking he was going to be a disrespectful thug, who was using my boy for sex. But those thoughts were quickly revoked when I saw how gentle and sweet he was with my son.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the rushed words that came out of Teddy's mouth, "I'm a little"

A little? A little what? 

"What do you mean?" I asked. Neither one responded, as Teddy let out a small yawn and Damien looked at him fondly, almost as if forgetting I was on the other end of the camera screen. It was like, when Damien looked at Teddy, nothing else mattered. I was happy to see that.

I watched as Damien whispered something not Teddy's ear, and my son sleepily nodded back, snuggling his face further into Damiens chest. "Why don't you and I switch to a phone call and i can explain everything?" Damien asked, "Teddy here is a little sleepy, so I'll let him go to bed"

"Sure." I responded. Damien nodded in response before cutting the FaceTime call off, leaving my computer screen blank. His call came on my phone about 10 minutes later.

"Damien?" I asked, checking if I was talking to the correct person.

"Its me. Teddy's in bed. I can explain everything to you if you want" was his response.

"That'd be great. What was Teddy talking about when he said he's a little. A little what?" I asked.

I heard Damien sigh, and chuckle on the other end. "Yeah... he's a little. Another term for it is age regresser. It means from time to time he goes into the headspace of a child, and acts like a child as well" he explained, only leaving me even more confused than before.

"He said this plays into your relationship. What does that mean?"

"The common term for our relationship is DDLB. It stands for daddy dom, little boy. Its a relationship where he is a little, and I act as a caregiver figure, keeping him safe and comfortable at all times, but especially when he's in the headspace of a child"

"Why would he want to act like a child?" I asked, trying to stay calm. My first reaction to this information was heart stopping. It worried me. But I promised myself I wouldn't react badly until I learned the full situation.

"You would probably have to ask him personally why, but i know for a fact that many people participate in this lifestyle to get rid of their stress. It allows them to let go, and not have to worry about their responsibilities for a while. Its a safe place for them." Damien responded, sounding genuine. It was obvious he knows a lot about this lifestyle.

"Why would you want to have that kind of relationship? Why not just adopt a real child if you want to be a parental figure so much?" I ask, starting to get worried. I heard Damien sigh, once again.

"I like having a relationship where someone relies directly upon me for their needs and wants. I like caring for people such as your son, who want to willingly give up power. Littles mare just more childish adults. They're not children all the time. They still have some sense of independence."

I had to force myself to calm down and not drive over there right this instant to take Teddy away from all of this. This sounded an awful lot like pedophilia to me, and as a father that was reason to worry.

"i am not totally against this. I will always support my son. And i don't mean this to come off as rude, but as a father, i have some concerns for my son. This is new to me and how do i know this isn't another form of pedophelia? I want to trust you. I see how much you care for my son. But please explain more in depth". I said, speaking my mind in full. If I was supposed to accept this, than I needed to understand it completely.

"I completely understand your concerns. If i was a father, in your position with your lack of knowledge, i would be concerned too. Allow me to explain." Damien responded

"Ok."

"Pedophilia is the act of adults preying upon minors. Minors whose brains haven't fully developed. Minors who aren't able to make completely wise decisions yet. Pedophilia is the act of taking advantage of someones youthfulness. Age regression and DDLB is anything but that. It is the communicated exchange of power. I do not take control from your son. He gives me the control willingly. This relationship is always in his hands. Although i may be more dominant, he is ultimately the one who allows this relationship to happen between us."

I paused, taking in all of the information he had just given me, and suddenly, it didn't all sound so bad. Of course, it's not something i would willingly participate in, but i wasn't opposed to it, if it's what teddy likes.

"And he calls you daddy?" I asked, feeling slightly uncomfortable with the idea that Teddy calls Damien the same name he called me as a kid. Damien laughed, and I wondered what was so funny  about my question.

"Yes. Only when we are alone though. Its part of the lifestyle"

I stayed silent for a few minutes. Neither of us attempted to make any conversation which I was grateful for. I needed a little bit of silence to process everything in full. After a few minutes I finally spoke up again.

"Ok Damien. This is all a little bit new to me, but I'm willing to accept it because this is what Teddy want to do with his life. I can see how much you care about him, which eases my worry's a lot."

"I care very much for your son" Damien responded, his voice sounding completely genuine and fond, making me smile.

"And tomorrow can you tell Teddy that I love him, and I always will, and that I'm proud of him for having the courage to share this part of his life with me." I said sincerely

"Of course, I'll let him know. Have a nice night sir."

———
Ok so this was a very informational chapter.

This is just how I perceive DDLB so don't hate on any part of the definition. The lifestyle is different for everyone so shush. The world doesn't revolve around you. 😘☺️🥰✋🏻

— Briana