Chapter 5

We make it to the restaurant in record time, but of course, everyone was there before us, which didn't surprise me, considering i accidentally made us late because of my unexpected call from my parents. I apologized profusely to Caleb for making us late, but he told me not to worry about it, and that it wasn't my fault.

    We stopped my Finn's dorm on the way there, because he was coming with us. I wanted to introduce him to my friends. I like when I'm able to merge my friend groups.

But now we're here, at the restaurant, weaving in and out of tables full of people talking, following the waitress towards our table. The loud clanking of silverware against plates is slightly overwhelming my senses, but i ignore it because i don't want to ruin Ryan's birthday dinner.

When we finally reach the table, i almost applaud Ryan for how nicely he cleans up. Not only that, but he has an incredible taste for fashion when he's trying. Faith looks amazing too, and Damien looks just as good as he always does. Like a gosh diddly darn daddy. He looks good in a suit. I notice Jack isn't there, but i don't comment on it. Maybe he's just running late?

"Hey guys" Caleb says, although, it wasn't to get their attention, since they were already looking at us

"Hey guys" Caleb says, although, it wasn't to get their attention, since they were already looking at us. I can feel someones gaze on my body, but i don't look around to see who it is, not wanting it to be awkward if i caught their gaze.

"Hey" i say, waving my hand awkwardly, and cursing myself for how dumb i probably looked. "Happy birthday Ryan" i give Ryan a lopsided smile, which he returns. "I brought my friend Finn along" i say, gesturing towards Finn, who looks nervous, yet relaxed. He gives a shy wave, much like the one i just gave.

I know the feeling. That was the same was i was when i first met this group of people. I felt safe, and yet at the same time, completely intimidated by them.

We take our seats, and somehow, i end up in front of Damien again, which i mentally scold Caleb for. Its almost like he's doing this on purpose. But it don't let my emotions show on my face, considering how embarrassing that would be.

"Hi Damien" i say, to break the awkward silence.

Damien is one of those people that i feel safe around for no particular reason, but at the same time, I'm not comfortable with him enough to sit in silence. My brain races to much and my mind fills with too many thoughts, and the last time that happened, i slipped into little space, which is something i can't do in front of anyone, especially not him.

He doesn't respond, which i assumed would happen. I try one more time to gain his attention. "You look really nice tonight" I say, to which he gives me a nod, but not looking up to meet my gaze. Slightly disheartened, i turn to the rest of the table, where Ryan and Caleb are having a heated debate on wether or not Santa Claus should be considered a stalker or not.

"Have you not heard the song? He see's you when you're sleeping! He knows when you're awake!" Ryan argues, half singing.

"Thats just so he knows if you're naught or nice you idiot!" Caleb argues back.

"But thats still considered stalki-"

"Guys. Santa isn't even real." Faith deadpans from where she sits. Her body looks relaxed, but her face is morphed into one of shock and confusion. Finn's face looks the exact same, as he glances between Caleb and Ryan as if they've grown two heads.

"Faith. You can't just spring that kind of information on those two children" i hear Jack's voice sarcastically remark from behind me. I turn around and there he is, in a suit, looking smug as ever with a smirk on his face.

(^Jack's outfit

(^Jack's outfit. But thats not what he actually looks like)

"Jack! You finally made it!" Caleb says in a cheerful voice.

"Sorry i was late. I got caught up talking to Amanda" He says, shrugging slightly.

From what Caleb has told me, i know that Amanda is Jack's long distance girlfriend. She is in college at the university of New York and apparently they call each other every night. In Calebs words: "Amanda makes Jack act like a lovesick puppy".

"We're just glad you were able to make it" Faith says, with a soft smile on her face.

"Course' i would make it" Jack scoffs, "I wouldn't miss Ryan's birthday or the amazing steak they serve here."

"Nice to know I'm on the same level as the steak" Ryan say sarcastically, but i can tell from his tone that he's joking.

"Nah man, you're like, a level higher" Jack tastes back as he tries to climb over Damien into the open seat. "Damien move your fat ass" he whines, earning a grumble from Damien, who stands up from his seat to let the childish boy through.

"You do realize that we are in a nice restaurant and you practically sat on Damiens lap trying to get over him?" Faith asked Jack, who was not sitting beside her in the booth.

"It's his fault he didn't move"

"You were trying to climb over him even before you asked him to move." Ryan deadpans, to which Jack shrugs nonchalantly, with a small victorious smile on his face. Damien rolls his eyes, but something about the way he looks at his friends tells be he cares for them a lot.

"You didn't have to call me a fat ass, jack ass" Damien says in his deep manly voice.

"Sorry Dame" Jack says, playfully fluttering his eyelashes at Damien, who seems to cringe at the nickname Jack gave him, "I call it like i see it"

"I think thick would be the proper term to use when referring to Damien's thunder thighs" Ryan says, jointing in on the teasing.

"I remember hearing a girl in my Economics course talk about Damien's thighs" Caleb says, earning eyebrow raises from a few people at the table.

"What was she saying" Ryan says, leaning towards Caleb as if he has the juiciest gossip ever.

"She was saying things like, I would let him crush me with his thighs" Caleb says in a mock girls voice. Everyone at the table visible cringes at his words. Finn lets out a small, 'what the hell', which was probably only meant for him to hear, but it caught Jack's attention.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"My name's Finn. I'm a friend of Teddy's" Finn says, holding a hand out across the table, which Jack gladly shakes as he introduces himself.

"Oh my gosh! Teddy's already making friends! I can't believe out little boy is growing up so quickly!" Faith says dramatically, placing a hand over her head and the other one on her chest. I blush, looking down when she says, 'little boy'.

I know she doesn't mean it like that. Because why would she? She doesn't know I'm a little. And even if she did mean it like that, which she didn't, she's not really my type. I'm more into people without a vagina.

I hear everyone around me laughing at her joke. When i raise my head up, i catch Damien's eyes, and to my surprise, he's already looking at me with a smirk on his face. A smirk I want to see every day for the rest of my life. A smirk that gives me a strange feeling in my stomach.

Gosh darn. Where's a camera when you need one.