9

╰┈➤ cw: mentions of drugs/alcohol, sexual content

molly rubbed reassuring circles along dream's back as she sat on the phone with george, carefully explaining everything that occurred to the broken boy on the other end of the line.

the blonde who sat beside her wiped at his swollen eyes, his sleeve becoming wet with his old tears.

"now is fine, just hurry," molly mumbled into the phone before hanging up. she turned her attention to dream, wrapping him in a warm hug.

dream appreciated the help. he truly did.

when george got to molly's house, he bursted inside, his tracks stopping when he met the blonde on the couch with a splotchy, puffy face. his heart wretched, leaping towards the taller boy and engulfing him in a loving hug, whispering how sorry he was over and over in his ear.

after everyone calmed down, george and dream decided to head back home.

they played a movie as they sat on the couch together cuddling, but this time george was the one babying dream.

the blonde sat on george's lap, his head leaning into the brunette's chest.

"you're too good for me," dream breathed, wrapping his arms around george's shoulders. "it's like i'm trying to fit myself into your own little box, squishing my heart into it so it doesn't overflow."

george frowned at the blonde. "that's not true. we fit together."

"i ruin you." dream sighed.

"you complete me." george corrected, placing a finger on dream's lips to hush him.

"you just need to stop putting your body through so much."

"i'm too much for you," dream continued, lacing his fingers in the brunette's hair.

"it's enough for me," george responded, pulling the blonde in for a gentle kiss.

・❥・

"i am not talking to a fucking therapist!" dream shouted, running his hands through his hair frantically.

"dream, it's for the best! i only want what's good for you," george pleaded, his hand reaching for the blonde's arm.

dream jerked away, gazing fiercely at the boy. "you act like i have a disease," he hissed through gritted teeth.

"i'm not saying that! i just want you to overcome this addiction-"

"i don't have an addiction!" dream slammed his hands down. george flinched back at the noise.

"f-fine," the shorter threw his hands up at the aggression. "whatever," he mumbled, going to their room and closing the door behind him.

dream let out a long, exaggerated sigh, throwing his head into his hands.

he knew george had only been trying to help, but dream didn't want his help. he was fine on his own.

he knew he wasn't actually fine. he is well aware of his problem, but he doesn't want to be vulnerable. he couldn't be like george, it just wasn't in his nature.

one side of him wanted to hold george forever, kissing him softly in his arms and settling down with the brunette, living out a happy life with him.

the other half is the realistic portion of his brain. the one that reminds him the kind of guy he is, pointing out exactly why he was selfish to want to be with george.

the blonde wanted to fill the pit in his stomach with the contents of alcohol and the refreshment of weed. he wanted george to help him, fulfilling his high when he needed it.

but he knew he couldn't have that. it was wrong, so wrong.

he knew george loved the version of dream that tries to be better. but being a better person is hard when all you've ever known is pity.

dream walked into the bedroom, moving to lay beside george in the bed. they stared up at the ceiling.

"i still love you."

dream closed his eyes. "yeah?"

"mhm," george hummed. the brunette found the blonde's hand, wrapping it around his own.

dream gasped as he felt the shorter pull himself onto the blonde's lap, topping him.

"george-"

the brunette swooped down, taking dream into a desperate makeout.

he grazed his cold fingertips over dream's rough chin, biting his bottom lip for entrance. he explored the blonde's mouth, relishing in the taste of him.

dream pulled back, gazing at george with half-lidded eyes. "george."

"mmm?"

"what is this about?" dream asked cautiously, running a fingertip down the brunette's bottom lip.

"i want you, dream," george hummed, leaning in closer. "i want you really bad."

dream's lips turned into a hungry grin. he pulled george to his lips forcefully, gripping a large hand around the male's smaller neck.

george let out grunts of approval as he struggled to kiss dream back.

"i don't like this position," dream spoke up, flipping george to his back. dream got on top, pushing the boy's hands to the mattress below. he swooped in, leaving a trail of kisses down his vulnerable throat.

george tilted his head back, allowing the blonde for more access.

dream lowered his hips, creating a teasing friction between the two's lower bodies.

"mmmn, dream-" george whined, squeezing his eyes shut.

"look at me, georgy," dream demanded. he laid a hand on his chin, focusing the brunette's eyes on his own. "you're mine for tonight."