xiii | the coming of arthur pt. ii

"what do you say to calling up a couple of wyvern and having them rip morgause and morgana to shreds?"

[3.13 — The Coming of Arthur pt. 2]

"Tell me, Sir Leon," Morgana said as the knight was forced on his knees before her in the council chamber

"Tell me, Sir Leon," Morgana said as the knight was forced on his knees before her in the council chamber. "How have you enjoyed the first week of my reign? Speak up. Are you and your fellow knights ready to honor and serve me?"

Leon glared up at her, full of hatred. "I would rather die."

"That can be arranged," Morgause said, a pleased grin on her face.

"My loyalty is to the King and Prince Arthur. There is nothing you can do to change that," Leon said, his tone unwavering.

Morgana narrowed her eyes. "We shall see." Morgana nodded her head and the immortal soldiers dragged Leon away, back to the dungeons. She leaned back in her throne, frustrated that the knights had not yet submitted to her.

"Things would move swifter with Lia at your side," Morgause stated.

Morgana looked away, her jaw clenching. "She is hesitant, but I know she will renounce her loyalties to Arthur and Uther. She only needs time."

| | |

Merlin ran through the forest, barely escaping Morgana's men as they chased him. Once evading them, he quickly returned to the hiding spot that they had been staying in for a week, Gwaine meeting him at the entrance to make sure he was not followed. He took off the bag of provisions he managed to collect and handed it to Elyan and then grabbed the water canteen. However, only a few drops spilled into his mouth.

"I'll get some more," Elyan offered.

"It's too dangerous," Merlin told him.

"What happened?" Gaius asked.

"Nothing," he said, not wanting the others to worry. But then he moved to Gaius and Xavier's sides and whispered to them. "We need to do something. Morgana's men are everywhere."

They all looked to Arthur, who was sitting in the corner, staring off at nothing as he had been since fleeing from Camelot. Since learning of Morgana's betrayal, the Prince had been useless, still processing what had happened.

| | |

Lia hardly left her chambers — well, she wasn't allowed to even if she wanted to. She only ever saw Gwen, who was instructed to bring her food — she couldn't bear to think of young Clement locked in a cell somewhere — or Morgana, who'd pay her a visit every day. Lia hated the visits, as Morgana would show her true nature. She'd try to coax Lia into joining her and go on about how Arthur was already dead. Morgana did not care as Lia cowered from her touch while she went on about ruling side by side.