Chapter 29

"What do you think your doing?" Scott asked as we walked through the hallway, Quietly and slowly. "Look, Derek might not be dead. So if hes alive then maybe hes in here looking for us or maybe hes still outside unconscious, Either way If I go out there then maybe I can get to his body and get his car keys." I couldn't believe this was the plan I was going with.

"So what you expect me to go look for the keys from Donny, and you go get the keys from Derek?" I nodded.

"Okay, So what happens when the Alpha sees one of us?" I shook my head, I hadnt thought about that. "Take the beaker with you I'll be fine look," I showed him the bracelet Derek gave me. "Derek gave me this, he said that no werewolf could track me. The Alpha wants you right?" Scott nodded his head as we reached the stairway, which had stairs going up to the roof and some going down to the first floor. "Welll, then hes focusing on your scent, I'll be fine, and If he does get to you, then you've got this nifty little science project." I said pointing towards the beaker. Scott shook his head, He closed the door to the hallway. "Lets say that you run into him before he finds me? Then what?" Scott said looking at my face.

"Scott, Even if he finds me first. That will buy you time. You could get the keys, and get back and get everyone else out." Scotts eyes softened. and shook his head. "Haylie. I can hear your heart beating. Your scared, Its okay." I nodded. I was terrified. "You dont have to do this." He said looking into my eyes.

"Yes I do. If the Alpha finds me then Its the case of, Me or 5 other people die. If I get out and everyone else doesn't, It will emotionally kill me. I need to do this." Scott nodded his head in understanding, but looked uneasy. "How are you going to get out there anyway?" I looked up the stairs and to the door that led to the roof. "No! Haylie the fire escape isnt on that side, You'll break your legs if you try anything."

"I can work my way to the fire escape from the roof, Its not that far."

"Its far enough!" Scott yelled in a hushed yell. I looked at him.

"We dont have time for this, Go, I'll meet you outside. I promise." I looked into his eyes, and I knew he heard the blip in my heart, because I was unsure about the promise I was making. He grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. When he let go I pushed him towards the stairs "Go!" he started to run down the stairs and I went up. The door was a one way, I knew I could open it but Once it closed I wasnt coming back in. I needed something to hold it open with just in case. When I opened the door the fresh air hit me instantly. I couldnt hear a sound, I looked around and saw a pile of bricks in the corner of the roof. They were to far to reach without the door closing. Another idea sprung to mind. I pulled of one shoe and placed it inbetween the door and the frame, I quickly ran to the bricks but I didnt get there before something caught my eye. I turned my head and saw something moving in the buildings windows on the first floor. I gasped and fell to the floor. The Alpha was on the same floor as Scott. I stayed down but crawled behind the bricks. I peeped up and saw it moving in the direction of the Gym. I quickly grabbed a brick and ran to the door once the Alpha was away from the windows. After putting my shoe back on I placed the brick in its spot. Now at least I have the option of coming back in.

Scott was right about the fire escape it was further than I thought, maybe that was becasue I couldn't get to it the same way I could if I was indoors. There was a huge greenhouse in the way. The doors were locked so I couldnt go threw it, I could either climb over it, Which would take time since I'm a horrible climber, or I could run around the school roof and get there in about 3 minutes give or take a few seconds. I picked up my phone and tried my dad again but only got his voice mail.

"Dad, you need to call me back, Okay. Me or Stiles, we're at the school. Just please..... We're at the school." I hung up and let a tear escape but wiped it away instantly. I ran to the edge of the roof. It was a pretty far drop, more than 20 feet. My head shot up when I heard the sound of a loud roar, I wouldnt even call it an howl it was a roar. "Scott!" I said to myself and Imedietly ran back into the school. I ran down the stairs and down to the bottom floor, I was running in the direction of the gym, when I heard footsteps. They sounded like naked footsteps on the tiles of the floor. I stopped running and hid behind the Lockers. I heard the footsteps walking away and Just in time I peered around the lockers to see a very naked man. It was the Alpha in his human form. Because of my Bracelet he had no idea I was there, at least I dont think he did, He was whistling and walking towards the entrance of the school. I didnt see his face since he was walking away but, I did know he was white, so it couldnt have been Deacan. I was frozen to where I stood, when the man reached the door, and stopped whistling, He turned around but he was to far that I couldnt see his face. I knew he saw me, he was looking directly at me. I couldnt move. He slowly lifted his hand up and waved to me, before running at full speed out the door.