Chapter 26: Unexpected Events and Visitors

Start from the beginning

The first thing we saw when we walked out into the corridor was that the floor was flooded, most likely because Moaning Myrtle had another one of her melt downs which seemed to be happening more often lately. The second was Harry, Ron and Hermione looking up at a message written in what looked like blood on the wall. From a light on the wall, directly next to the message, was Filch's cat Mrs. Norris looking very much dead.

"The chamber of secrets has been opened

"The chamber of secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir... beware," I read out quietly, as the horror of the scene in front of me hit home.

I grabbed hold of Danny's hand as Loki walked over to Mrs. Norris to see what had happened.

"We didn't have anything to do with it, I swear. We were at Nearly Headless Nick's death day party," Harry told me, pleading for me to believe him.

"Don't worry, Harry. We believe you," I told him, still not able to take my eyes off the disturbing message as students started to fill the corridor.

"Enemies of the heir, beware. You'll be next mudblood," Draco laughed.

"Draco, shut up. Can you stop being a bully for a single second," I snapped at him which only made him smirk more.

"What's going on here? Go on, now! Make way...," Filch said as he made his way through the crowd, stopping in his tracks when he saw Mrs. Norris' lifeless body. "MRS. NORRIS! You! You've murdered my cat! I'll kill you!"

Filch tried to launch himself at Harry, but Loki stopped him but grabbing him around the waist as Professor Dumbledore and a few other professors made their way over. When Professor Dumbledore read the message, his face darkened.

"Everybody will proceed to their dormitories immediately. Except you three," he said, looking at Harry and his friends.

Danny and I went to head back down to the Hufflepuff common room but Loki, who had let go of Filch, placed a hand on each of our shoulders, keeping us with him. Concern was clear on his face and I guessed he wanted to make sure that we got down to the common room safely himself. When the students had emptied out of the corridor, Loki walked back over to Mrs. Norris who was now being examined by Professor Dumbledore. He carefully took mars Norris off the wall and handed her to Loki who has a sad look on his face when he looks down at the lifeless cat resting in his hands.

"It was definitely a curse that killed her," Lockhart said in a pompous voice. "Probably the transmorgifian torture. Encountered it myself once, in Ouagadougou. The full stories in my autobiography."