"Jiwoo"

"Y-Yes?"

"Would you care to pour some coffee for Namjoon as well?"

Namjoon? Since when her mother dropped all the formalities and call Officer Kim with his first name?

"Uh—What?"

"Coffee, my sweet, pour the coffee I made, for him and also for you", her mother chuckles at her state of blankness but decided not to tease her on that. "Namjoon-ssi, you'll stay for lunch, yes?"

Jiwoo absentmindedly looks at Officer Kim, whom is just casually standing by the sink while dapping his hand with a small towel, politely smiling at her. As if her being literally or maybe, metaphorically half naked there doesn't do a thing to stir more awkwardness, but the blind guts for her to be staring at him in broad daylight just doesn't make any sense at all.

In fact, she did not realize how she just deadpans at his direction, face filled with the most contorted confused expression and the way she just stands there like a freaking robot, waiting for commands.

"I'll pour it for us, don't worry about it"

With that, as if he has gotten to use her kitchen, he casually opens a cabinet and took out two white mugs and leisurely walks towards the dining table. He glances at her but then she was too indulged at the mentally curses hovering in her head to even hear him softly calling for her.

"Hah-w-what?"

"Jiwoo-ssi, I have poured the coffee for you. Would you like to sit and have some?"

Shaking her head as she hastily walks towards the table, pulling out a chair and sat there despite the haze forming in her head, still unable to grasp the whole situation yet. A mug comes into a view as she stares at the wooden table, eyes flicking up instantly just to see Officer Kim gently pushing her drink towards her with a soft nod.

"I am sorry", he mumbles lowly, almost inaudible.

"Why are you sorry?"

"I think I might have startled you earlier"

Jiwoo watches as he shyly rubs the back of his neck, not meeting her confused gaze and she notices the little brush of pink spreading on his cheeks as he looks down.

"Your mom invited me for a late breakfast—more like a brunch earlier"

Jiwoo finds herself staring at him, a little bit baffled at the way he messily mumble his words  as if something got him all shy and flustered. She is so accustomed to his undeniable charismatic self that she is sure confidence breathes out of his every pore. But this person, sitting across the table, hand awkwardly rubbing his neck every 5 seconds looks nothing like that Officer Kim she knows.

But then, she decided not to comment on that. Not wanting to probe into personal things that might make her sound impolite.

"Oh, thank you for pouring me the coffee. I should be the one serving the guest, not the other way around"

"N-No, it is completely fine. You should eat something though"

Jiwoo scoffs playfully as she runs a finger around the mouth of her mug. "This should be enough. I rarely eat breakfast at home, especially weekends. My mother won't bother waking me up because I would just sleep like the dead and wake up at this time around—oh wait, I am rambling things. Don't mind me, Officer Kim, I just haven't gotten my coffee to keep my mind straight"