Zwei*

*four weeks earlier*
She had been sitting with Ryan on her couch. It was a humid day in May, and they were watching chick flicks in the living room under the ac vent.

"Hey Ryan, could you grab the remote? I can barely hear it over the fans." He nodded and grabbed the remote, his brown hair falling in his face. Apparently no amount of gel in his quiff could withstand this heat. Turning up the tv, Gretchen Wiener's words of wisdom came to her.
"You can't join mathletes! That's social suicide!" Ryan groans and scrolls through his Twitter feed.

"Ryannnnn, you said you'd watch it with me..." she nudged his shoulder, but he just ignored her. What was going on with him anyways? She realized most guys don't like Mean Girls, but he had been distant all day.

"I'm gonna grab some food, be right back," he said, leaving her alone on the sofa. Confused, she was trying to think of ways to get his attention back so she could find out what was up with him. People in relationships tell each other everything right? She remembered it was hot inside, and did something she hadn't done in awhile.

She took off her shirt and casually walked into the kitchen, getting herself a glass of water. This isn't an unusual sight for him, she thought. But unexpected for sure.
"Hey so Val, I was thinking and I really feel like-" he turned towards her with a bag of Lays in his hands. She pretended not to notice the red blush creep onto his cheeks and went to the fridge. "Keep talking, Ryan."
"But, you're uh, uh..." he fiddled with the bag, not making eye contact with her. "Spit it out so we can get back to the movie."
"You're half naked, for fucks sake."
She rolled her eyes. Talk about being obvious, that was a major turn off. Her glass was filled with icy water leaving her to walk back into the living room to watch the rest of the movie. She just hoped he'd get a clue.
He did, and they cuddled for the rest of the movie. Something was off though and it was bugging her very much. "Ryan, are you ok? You seem, kind of disconnected I guess." He pulled apart from their cozy embrace and took the plunge.
"Val, I need to tell you something." Her mind went to a million places, and she started to sweat. What was it?!?
"Shoot." she said, anxious as ever.
And that's when the bomb was dropped.
"I think we should break up," he replied. Well he knew some good jokes for sure. She relaxed, knowing he wasn't serious and laughed a little.
"Good one Ryan, you almost had me there." He didn't respond, and that's when it hit her. He most definitely was not joking, and this was real. "Oh my god, you're dumping me! Does two freaking years mean nothing to you?"

An awkward silence arose as she waited for a response, anything. After what felt like ages, he spoke up.
"I'm really sorry, Val, I just- there's someone else." Oh, lovely. Not only was she being dumped, but her boyfriend cheated on her. She reacted quickly, grabbing his phone and keys.

"I think you should go," is all she could manage before she would have a mini breakdown. Honestly she didn't even want to know who the side chick was, it was too much right now. Ryan nodded and grabbed his things from her. He looked at her like he wanted her to say something, but what? He's the cheating bastard here, not her.

Once he left, she went to her room and turned on her music knowing it'll help her deal with this. Valentina was the type that didn't cry about something at all really until four years later when she couldn't keep it bottled up anymore. Expectedly, she didn't shed a single tear. Through her pain though, she worked. She finished her weekend work, cleaned he room, vacuumed and swept like a modern day Cinderella. It wasn't until she went to bed that night, that she fully understood what a breakup really feels like.

And it was going to hurt.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Authors note
Hey so that guy Ryan her of two years boyfriend is kind of a dick but Valentina's an independent woman who don't need no man anyways

So yeah comment, vote, read u know that cool stuff

-s.e.a

(Someone asked if those are legit my initials and yes, they are.)