FORTY-FIVE

Aria, Regulus, and Kreacher apparated to Moody's safe house, stumbling as they landed on the soft, carpeted ground

"Andrew," Aria cried, he legs giving out, her limp body falling to the ground. Regulus was by her side in minutes.

"It's what he wanted," the raven-haired boy whispered in her ear, kissing the top of her head.

Lily and James rushed in first, taking in the scene before them, expecting the worst. Aria was sprawled out on the floor sobbing, Regulus comforting her and Kreacher hiding in the corner.

"What happened?" Lily asked coming by Aria's side and rubbing her back.

"It's A-Andrew" she cried, replaying the gruesome moment over and over.

He was alive.

And then he wasn't.

He had been suffering.

And then pulled into a lake full of inferi by an inferi.

He had died.

Aria couldn't wrap her head around the last one.

"The inferi got him," Regulus said, not a flicker of emotion present in his eyes.

"But you got it?" James asked, "the Horcruxe?"

"Ya," Regulus says, "Don't tell anyone else. Our second stage is now in progress."

"Second stage?" Aria yelled, "How can you fucking plan a second stage after what just happened? After an innocent boy was dragged down by dead bodies because of you."

Regulus features changed, the knife of her words digging deeper and deeper into his heart.

"It wasn't my fault he died," he spat, "he freely chose to sacrifice himself for the order."

"Guys," James said, "It's not the time."

Everyone stopped what they were doing, finding it odd that he was serious.

"What is it?" Aria asks, searching James' face, then Lily's.

"Marlene," Lily says, eye focused on the ground, "she didn't make it out either."

Aria let out another sob, crumpling back into Regulus' shoulders.

"Where was she?" Regulus asked.

"In her home," James' sullen voice spoke out, "her entire family was wiped out clean, all in their sleep."

Another sob tore from Aria's throat, her grieving tears attempting to fill the gaping hole now in her heart.

"What do we do now?" Aria recognized Sirius' voice.

"Regulus goes into hiding," the brunette said, all eyes now on her.

"Pardon?" Regulus asks.

"You have to hide," Aria wipes her tears.